Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched a lil but im still unclear what exactly this does..

I have a jdm d15b, and its got some idle issues. only when the car is warm it will idle up and down from 5000rpm to 1200rpm. Im bought a brand new iacv, cleaned and re adjusted my fitv, still cant find the problem. Then i was told it could be my pcv valve.. could somone tell me where it is on this engine so i could check it out? Do you think this could be the cause of my idling problems?

also, i just put a new oil pan gasket on and i noticed it still leaks a little oil on the tranny side of the oil pan. (main seal i think??) and i was also told this could be the cause of a bad pcv... what do you guys think.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I searched a lil but im still unclear what exactly this does..

I have a jdm d15b, and its got some idle issues. only when the car is warm it will idle up and down from 5000rpm to 1200rpm. Im bought a brand new iacv, cleaned and re adjusted my fitv, still cant find the problem. Then i was told it could be my pcv valve.. could somone tell me where it is on this engine so i could check it out? Do you think this could be the cause of my idling problems?

also, i just put a new oil pan gasket on and i noticed it still leaks a little oil on the tranny side of the oil pan. (main seal i think??) and i was also told this could be the cause of a bad pcv... what do you guys think.
The pcv valve is located in the intake manifold.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? i thought its for crankcase ventilation. its just a hose from the top of the intake to the bottem.. what does it actually do?

I disconnected the top hose and tried to blow into it but i couldn't, i could suck air out tho. so that means its working right?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
It does exactly what it says it does.
Relieves Positive Crankcase Pressure.
It's also a one way valve so when your at WOT and your intake manifold pressure is near 0 it will not affect the PCV.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
really? i thought its for crankcase ventilation. its just a hose from the top of the intake to the bottem.. what does it actually do?

I disconnected the top hose and tried to blow into it but i couldn't, i could suck air out tho. so that means its working right?
Yea but it runs through the IM to the block box on the back of the block. I dont think this is your problem

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm. well I guess im just going through the steps to try to figure out whats wrong. I have a valve cover filter on too. some people say its fine and some say i should keep the hose connected from the intake to the valve cover...

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Reconnect the hose from the VC to intake tube. honda put it there for a reason dude

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
And here is a link from my sig, thread on superhonda.com covers the idle issues with our honda pretty darn good. Read it through

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i understand Honda has it that way for a reason but why do some people put breather on there then? Ive seen many pictures of people doing that so i figured it doesn't hurt anything so I did it myself. ill put that hose back on then i guess..

do you have a link to that page?

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
try your map sensor, mine had a peice of trash in it and it would idle all kinds of weird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts