Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm boosted and the pcv line is attached to the IM. If it sucks air from it I know I have to connect it to the Pre-turbo section to avoid pressurized crank...

I got a little confused. Does the PCV valve suck or blow air from/to the Intake manifold????

:?:

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
i was under the impression that stuff goes up the pcv valve (from engine) to the IM...

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was under the impression that stuff goes up the pcv valve (from engine) to the IM...
I know that... and it's connected like that.. the pcv valve is a check valve ok, but the air flow is from th IM to engine or engine to the IM????

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
bump*
good question man, i would like to know as well...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
the air flow is from the engine to im. The pcv is a check valve that only allows the air to flow to the im from the block and not the other way.

·
Registered
325 Posts
the air flow is from the engine to im. The pcv is a check valve that only allows the air to flow to the im from the block and not the other way.
If you're turbo then plug the nipple on the IM and gut the pcv valve and run it to a catchcan.

The pcv doesn't work under boost.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
If you're turbo then plug the nipple on the IM and gut the pcv valve and run it to a catchcan.

:TU: that's the way mine is

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
im getting ready to boost my z6...........................

do i need to hook the pcv valve up different to avoid pressurized crank or does it need to just hook back up the same?

thanks

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
im getting ready to boost my z6...........................

do i need to hook the pcv valve up different to avoid pressurized crank or does it need to just hook back up the same?

thanks

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Heres a lame pshop I made awhile ago using some Husky air compressor filters from home depot.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Heres a lame pshop I made awhile ago using some Husky air compressor filters from home depot.

so this setup needs to be done when ever the motor sees boost?

looks like i need to order a catch can................

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
damn.. so am i gonna fuk shit up if i dont run the catch can with boost.. im using the stock pcv setup still... hmm well... looks like ill be ordering a catch can off ebay or something..

so let me get this right... i need to gut the pcv valve and run that to the catchcan and the valvecover to the catchcan and then run the other hose to the turbo filter inlet pipe??

sorry to thread jack.. just seems to be important... thanks

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Slash cuts in the exhaust work too if you feel like getting one welded in your downpipe.

You could "t" into the valve cover and pvc line and run it to one single catch can,or buy a catch can with more ports.Theres a couple on ebay with 3 ports,so you could do one from the valve cover to the can one from the block to the can and one from the can to a slash cut pre turbo or in the exhaust.

Im personally just running a line from the gutted pvc to a vented catch can and have a valve cover breather filter but the general thought is a system with vacuum is better overall.On my other car I had it pretty much exactly like bizzar's diagram only using one can and 3 ports.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't get very much the importance of the catchcan anyway... I mean I still have the blackbox chamber behind the block... now what's the use of the catch can is oil is already catched in the chamber? Vapors?

But I read that Vapors are used for increase the combustion so why filter them again?

Can someone explain this better.
My setup is Blackbox ---> to PCV Valve---> IM
Will swap to
Blackbox ---> pcv valve ---> catchcan (?) ---> pre turbo

·
Registered
177 Posts
But I read that Vapors are used for increase the combustion so why filter them again?
Can someone explain this better.
My setup is Blackbox ---> to PCV Valve---> IM
Will swap to
Blackbox ---> pcv valve ---> catchcan (?) ---> pre turbo
It is filtering little oil drops out of the vapor. You want to burn those vapors but more often than not, oil comes through the system too, and can make a real mess in your intake manifold and tb.
Catchcans catch and hold the oil and let the filtered vapors flow back to the intake.

There are ways to eliminate the black box entirely, check around. I think you have to plug the hole left in the block and install a nipple or something.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is filtering little oil drops out of the vapor. You want to burn those vapors but more often than not, oil comes through the system too, and can make a real mess in your intake manifold and tb.
Catchcans catch and hold the oil and let the filtered vapors flow back to the intake.

There are ways to eliminate the black box entirely, check around. I think you have to plug the hole left in the block and install a nipple or something.
ok that means that the box doesn't filter all the oil.. roger then

1 - 20 of 40 Posts