Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
if a catch can was to be used, i would run one hose from the black box on the back of the block and another from the vc to a vented catch can. thats how i'd do it.

this would illiminate the pcv system all together.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
my plans are to pull the black box completely, get a fitting to plug that hole and adapt to an AN fitting, run that line to a vented can, and run 2 AN fittings off the valve cover to the vented can.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
if a catch can was to be used, i would run one hose from the black box on the back of the block and another from the vc to a vented catch can. thats how i'd do it.

Exactly what I'm doing! Using Lowes/HD clear braided hose...doing it up straight DIY style!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
there are actually so many threads on here about that dude, ALL with write-ups and diagrams. i mean TONS. you really searched?? like im just tryna look out, all u gotta do is find one, and you will be golden man. they have tons of info.

·
Registered
05 GTO
85 Posts

That is exactly what I will be doing! Right now I just have oil seperater in line between the PCV and the blackbox. ...

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
I hate catchcans.

I ran so many different setups. Simple NPT fitting in place of the PCV (3/8" NPT fitting threads right in, no drilling/tapping required) and running that to a vented catchcan is the best way, IMHO - which is pretty much a fucking requirement in every catchcan thread because everyone is dead certain their way is right.

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
I actually tapped two fittings onto my blackbox at the pcv location, and at the oposite side. and ran them to the catch can at the bottom. And I for two fittings on my valve cover. But if you're building a motor, I heard stock pcv system is a must to put a good load on the engine. Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I actually tapped two fittings onto my blackbox at the pcv location, and at the oposite side. and ran them to the catch can at the bottom. And I for two fittings on my valve cover. But if you're building a motor, I heard stock pcv system is a must to put a good load on the engine. Correct me if im wrong.
I agree, if you can run the PVC to help break-in and seat the rings on a fresh rebuild. I did, and now is about the time for me to upgrade to the catch can I think.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
and since we know the lil black box is another catch can if you're going full bore catch can you should go with this.
remoer said:
so i was in the cross in getting a catch can at one time but then mike(97midorihatch/wick) crack the black box, well i just got a new one insead..

inh said:
Good stuff Rushi =] I like the idea of the single hose from the stock location, it looks cleaner and I'd imagine it would be enough. I think an additional hose only adds marginally better results.

For the rear of your engine, check this out:

D-SERIES BLOCK PLUG ADAPTER!!!!! - Honda-Tech

They also have all kinds of fittings and hose, in case you just want to order it all at once. Also, if you need me to export that stuff for you let me know, I've been wanting to get one of those block adaptors as well =]

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
753 Posts
I wish i could rep you again remo, i never seen those fittings before.. never looked to be honest lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts