Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paypal's revised Ts&Cs list ever more organisations with which they share your details. Is there a less intrusive but still useful alternative (that works in the UK)?

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
BitCoin! Used by drug cartels & human traffickers everywhere! Which is great if you plan to use it for ligitimate reasons - since gov'ts are so focused on the criminal aspect they won't care what you do. Before you fret, hard cash is also used in all types of crimes so no worries. (yes, it's mostly tongue-in-cheek)

Care to explain what the new ToS shares, and why it's so bad? The only thing I've found is robocall crap. All the info I've given to paypal has already been given to any a number of other sites (by myself), and PP is even required to report my stats to the IRS since I'm running a business.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
I still use Paypal but might have ti switch to Google Wallet or Amazon.

Pimpin ain't what it used to be!

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Care to explain what the new ToS shares, and why it's so bad?
This is the British agreement. I doubt the USA's version is very different.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=GB

Scroll down to the table nearly half way down and you'll find that data are shared with 13 marketing companies, 5 credit agencies, 7 various payment processing agencies and even a municipal council.

The weirdest one is "All account information" sent to Data Protection Agencies!

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
look if you dont want people peeking at your info get off the internet. internet privacy doesnt exist.

if your looking for less intrusive google wallet cant be your answer. google tracks everything everywhere. if you have an android phone they know everything about you.

i have no issues with this but others do.

internet is not a place for personal or delicate info. otherwise find an online payment company that makes your life easier and go with it. i choose paypal cuz ive had it for years and everyone uses it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
You think electronic bank to bank transfers are not monitored as well?

Cash in hand, or send a check and wait for it to clear. Everyone wants everything NOW.

"Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery....but wait there is more!"

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
That's why I promote using gold and silver (constitutional money) in transactions. Gold and Silver is real money so it cannot be taxed in the US. We have all been brainwashed into playing into the banker schemes and the illusion of wealth they create out of thin air. Our futures have been bought and sold.

I believe they have a nice tax on the purchase of precious metals over in UK. It might not be your best choice depending on the premiums.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
look if you dont want people peeking at your info get off the internet. internet privacy doesnt exist.
It's not the peeking I object to, it's the sale of my info to agencies that can have no bearing on what is a purely financial transaction.

Targeted advertising simply means more junk in the system. Just because I buy something off you, it shouldn't mean that by default we're both inviting messages and intrusions from people we've never heard of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts