Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys as some of you may know i ordered a set of PWJDM fenders for my ED hatch because mine were pretty banged up and white. I decided i wanted to convert to jdm front so why not pick these up. Well I got them in the mail today and heres my oppinion on the product.
Packaging:
Packaging was fairly good and everything wrapped up pretty nicely to help prevent damage. Everything made it here safe and sound.

The Product:
At first glance the fenders look like aftermarket replacement fenders with sidemarker holes (obviously) and in my case they came with OEM Stanley Side markers and wire harness. Now comes the bad part. The fenders feel so delicate and fragile. Not to say the OEM fenders are much better but these things, i was amazed at how cheap they felt. I also sliced my hand open due to very sharp edges in the stamping work.

Fitment:
Overall fitment on these is a joke. None of the mounting holes line up and i even had to drill the ones behind the door out because they were so far off. Im not done mounting them yet but so far its been hell. i literally have to force the fender into place to get anything to line up and even then some holes just wont line up. And this is just getting it on the car not even doing body gaps yet. Also in order to get the sidemarkers to fit in the holes i had to bust out the dremmel because the markers were too big for the holes.

Conclusion:
Overall im not a happy customer. For the price i could have got a set of OEM fenders and cut my own holes but i figured why not give these a shot. The craftsmanship and quality of these fenders is very poor and overall i would give this product a 5.5 out of 10 at most. Next time im going to go OEM.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I have yet to see any repop sheetmetal for these cars that isn't garbage. If you can afford it and it is still available, OEM is the way to go. I bought a brand new OEM filler panel for my car after trying to get a good quality aftermarket piece. The difference is quality is astounding.

At least from the pictures, the body lines look nice and crisp. It is probably mostly due to think metal more than a refined die.

That sucks man. You pretty much confirmed exactly what I though they might be like.

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but it happens and we learn. Ill get them to fit it just shouldnt be so hard. I also have a repro filler on the way I hope it fits a little better. Next time oem for sure.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Yeah but it happens and we learn. Ill get them to fit it just shouldnt be so hard. I also have a repro filler on the way I hope it fits a little better. Next time oem for sure.
I hope so man. All of the ones I have seen are absolute garbage.

FWIW, the OEM filler piece was less than 100 shipped IIRC.

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
Thanks for the review!

I was on the fence for buying a set for my EJ, but now I'm definitely going with OEM.

Those look like non-CAPA certified Keystone replacement fenders.

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope so man. All of the ones I have seen are absolute garbage.

FWIW, the OEM filler piece was less than 100 shipped IIRC.
I hope so too man we will have to see
Thanks for the review!

I was on the fence for buying a set for my EJ, but now I'm definitely going with OEM.

Those look like non-CAPA certified Keystone replacement fenders.
They are definately certified garbage haha

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got them for 96-98 EK and they are PURE CRAP!
Fitment is VERY poor and not all bolts line up. I would've saved for OEM fenders but o well... mistake is alreay made.

Not to mention, pw:jdm sent me 2 left sidemarkers and didn't responded.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
PWJDM=JDM CAPA !

i knew that's what they were selling to begin with, now your experience just solidifies that.

but on the other hand a body shop should be able to make it fit, if you want to spend the dough

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill make it fit myself. and the way i see it theres no review out there on these so now people can see for them selves. it sucks but its not the end of the world just money.

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
Did you not try weksos? Or was it the price? I would of done the same thing. Live and learn unfortunatly, it was on your dollar.

Gl!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts