Honda D Series Forum banner

passenger side bumper exit exhausts

14K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  EPcivic 
#1 ·
passenger side bumper exit exhausts , lets see them and also rad clearance please

#17 ·
Is the passenger side exit because of the orientation of the exit on the turbo? As long as your local state doesn't have a shit fit I say go for it. Alot of states will not let you run a modified exhaust in this manner. They will usually require a cat and muffler down stream before exiting the car. Unless this is a drag or track car.

#19 ·
for a full on race setup, functionality i would say

1) fender
2) hood
3) bumper
4) behind firewall

remember if it exits via the bumper you need to extend the tip out far enough to clear the slicks....the exhaust is moist and you dont want to get you slicks all slippery esspecially at high speeds

here is a pic of darins car to show what i mean, look at the ankle-buster

#23 ·
lmao /\ /\ mario cart was my first thoughts .

and yes its illegal in pa or atleast philadelphia to not have an exhaust or cat. but, most cops around here dont check to see if u even have a cat and would one way or another try and give u a ticket for having a loud exhaust. every car ive owned with the exception on my vue has had a loud exhaust ex. my dsm (straight piped to a magna flow) my boost z6 ( 16 inch long dumped down pipe) 87 supra turbo (3 1/2 straight pipe ), just to name a few.

i found my z6 was actually alot quieter open dp than with the full exhaust , and now my hatch im building already had a bumper exit exhaust i figure why not make use of the hole thats already there and gain some ground clearance

#31 ·
the point in this thread by the way was because on my old z6 with a mini ram mani and a passanger side exit turbo housing , i had clearence issues with my ran and fan using a 2 1/2 pipe . Now that im going bseries in an eg i have a cast manifold , im wondering if im going to have the same issues . either way the hole is on the passanger side so no matter which way the turbo faces that where its going lol. plus the inlet on the driverside gives me a better drain angle . rather be safe than sorry when it comes to my drain

#37 ·
I think Im going to have mine exit behind the front tire, but Im thinking a heavy oval exhaust, danm near square to tuck the equivalent of a 3" exhaust tight to the sideskirt without having to cut anything

I want a short exhaust (open downpipe), not ending under the car) and without having to cut holes in my bumper. Cops will see that shit in a hurry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.