Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
The Honda with a d16
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Im not to great at finding quality parts for good prices, and I was just hoping that I could get some help to find out locations for parts, haha.

Yes i do search the web a lot but I just want to make sure Im finding the right stuff... Because, yes I am a nOOb.

I did find a few things but I want to make sure im getting the right stuff for what im shooting at....
My car is a 1995 Civic ex, and Im basically full stock rather than a small turbo with front mount, cheap *** oilreturn kit, full 2.5exhaust with 3inch muffler, and a fancy air intake. other than that stock.

This is what I think I need, any help or opinions would be awesome! Also if you know a place to get these that are quality and fairly good price let me know.

525cc injectors

Someone said a 225lh walbro fuel pump, this is what i found: 255LPH-HP walbro
(will that work?)

A good quality oil feed/return line "kit"

A headstud kit for 1995 civic, I cant find anything for this!
with maybe a gasket kit? or should I just replace the headgasket?

and a decent oil catch can with a breather... (some say this isnt needed? but others tell me its a necessary?)

Also a prechipped p28?? with basemap??

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
So Im not to great at finding quality parts for good prices, and I was just hoping that I could get some help to find out locations for parts, haha.
Junk Yard, The D, Your boy's, Amazon, Egay.....

Yes i do search the web a lot but I just want to make sure Im finding the right stuff... Because, yes I am a nOOb.
Not noobish, lazy, parts are everywhere. Google, what you want.

I did find a few things but I want to make sure im getting the right stuff for what im shooting at....
My car is a 1995 Civic ex, and Im basically full stock rather than a small turbo with front mount, cheap *** oilreturn kit, full 2.5exhaust with 3inch muffler, and a fancy air intake. other than that stock.

This is what I think I need, any help or opinions would be awesome! Also if you know a place to get these that are quality and fairly good price let me know.
you need a TUNE!!!!! more than ANYTHING else, you need a tune.

525cc injectors
<== 450 DSM injectors 2$ and 20 min to install from PnP

Someone said a 225lh walbro fuel pump, this is what i found: 255LPH-HP walbro
(will that work?)
Sure if it says it goes in a honda.... Im running walboro 255lph

A good quality oil feed/return line "kit"
Just one that is kink free

A headstud kit for 1995 civic, I cant find anything for this!
with maybe a gasket kit? or should I just replace the headgasket?
ARP Headstuds, OEM mls head gasket.

and a decent oil catch can with a breather... (some say this isnt needed? but others tell me its a necessary?)
For boost you want this, other wise enjoy cleaning up oil from everywhere as your boost pushes past your seals

Also a prechipped p28?? with basemap??
NO!! Maybe get one with a socket. NEVER EVER EVER pay some random ass hat who has no idea of your setup for a basemap. And NEVER buy a "mugen" or "spoon" chip off ebay.

And no more bold ya... hard on the eyes.

When you have more of an idea of what your after, post up a well thought out, planned post, that outlines your goals. What if posts, or how much HP posts do not help you or us to help you. I hope ive shed some light.

BTW we hate spoon feeding. You will be flamed for it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Two sponsers on this site will have most everything you said you are looking for.

RCautoworks

Go-Autoworks

Xenocron also has a variety of parts, including tuning setups and injectors.

Xenocron

As CaliLegal said above, Junk Yards, eBay, Amazon etc. would be good to check out.

Really though, you could have found all this from a basic Google search....

·
Registered
The Honda with a d16
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Junk Yard, The D, Your boy's, Amazon, Egay.....

Not noobish, lazy, parts are everywhere. Google, what you want.

you need a TUNE!!!!! more than ANYTHING else, you need a tune.

<== 450 DSM injectors 2$ and 20 min to install from PnP

Sure if it says it goes in a honda.... Im running walboro 255lph

Just one that is kink free

ARP Headstuds, OEM mls head gasket.

For boost you want this, other wise enjoy cleaning up oil from everywhere as your boost pushes past your seals

NO!! Maybe get one with a socket. NEVER EVER EVER pay some random ass hat who has no idea of your setup for a basemap. And NEVER buy a "mugen" or "spoon" chip off ebay.

And no more bold ya... hard on the eyes.

When you have more of an idea of what your after, post up a well thought out, planned post, that outlines your goals. What if posts, or how much HP posts do not help you or us to help you. I hope ive shed some light.

BTW we hate spoon feeding. You will be flamed for it.

Spoon feeding? I have found everything, aside from the apr headstuds, Im just looking for second opinions and if someone knows a place for a better deal, or a better part. I didnt know it was "spoon feeding" to give your opinion. Or if its necessary for the certain parts Im looking at.

and if 450cc injectors will work, lmk how to get these from you?
like the fuel pump, Im glad to get your oppinion on the fuel pump you use so now I know that my find is an ok part to purchase, idk how you spoon fed me that?

and this is the p28 I was looking at, not asking for you to "feed" me but to give me your opinion. Socketed and Chipped OBD1 P28 VTEC ECU | HA Motorsports

Two sponsers on this site will have most everything you said you are looking for.

RCautoworks

Go-Autoworks

Xenocron also has a variety of parts, including tuning setups and injectors.

Xenocron

As CaliLegal said above, Junk Yards, eBay, Amazon etc. would be good to check out.

Really though, you could have found all this from a basic Google search....
And to be honest I think you all are miss understanding me. I just want your opinions on parts and locations to buy. So I can compare to my finds.... OTHER than the apr headstuds, I looked but cant find any.

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
yes, that is a P28, but you can find a P06/P05 and mod it to P28 spec for half that price...

I should have a spare P05 around here that is chipped/VTEC components...

sloopy.

·
Registered
The Honda with a d16
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, that is a P28, but you can find a P06/P05 and mod it to P28 spec for half that price...

I should have a spare P05 around here that is chipped/VTEC components...

sloopy.
What would it take to mod it to the p28 spec? and how much are you looking to get out of it?

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
What would it take to mod it to the p28 spec? and how much are you looking to get out of it?
Parts are $20+$20 from xenocron (Chipping kit and VTEC kit), plus prob $6-7 for shipping and tax...

I used to sell them for $125+shipped in the US, so i could probably do it for the same price...

Also, i only will put a stock P28 map in them when i ship, NOTHING else... (I had someone come after me when i put THEIR map on a chip when i shipped and they tried to say I sabotaged their ECU... this was part of the reason i stopped doing much with my car, and with honda's in general)

I just went and looked, I have 4 spare P05/P06 ECU's... didnt realize i had so many left over... Also have a P14 and a P72 (ODBII version)... I should probably add VTEC and chip them all and sell them... none are chipped currently, tomorrow i will give chris a call and order somekits...

sloopy.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you would like our opinion on the parts you are finding. It would help if you told us what part and the price that you found. Oh and where you found it.

·
Registered
The Honda with a d16
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you would like our opinion on the parts you are finding. It would help if you told us what part and the price that you found. Oh and where you found it.
Fair enough.

From a local performance shop
Drag Cast Manifold - $160
Garrett T04E - $450
Custom Downpipe - $250
38mm tail wastegate - $230
Custom dumptube - $85
440cc Injectors, forget the brand - $95
255lph walbro pump and install kit - $160 (i found same pump for $100 on walbro site and they said they charge only $20 for install kit)
Custom tune, with chipping my p28 and custom basemap - $75

And of course comes with the labor cost $450

Now What Ive found. Online ect.
Precision 525cc injectors - $150-$200
manifold stainless steel - $175 (ssautocrome.com)
38mm wastegate - $120 (ssautocrome.com)
Oil feed / Return line kits - Around $50
New p28 chipped - $160
EE-enhanec electronic boost controller - $160
Oil catch can with breather - $100 (greddy, there is cheaper ones without the breather, Idk if i Absolute need the breather?)
Gauges, *oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, AEM wideband, and boost* - $280... I believe these are glowshift.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Off top, i did NOT say that we WERE spoon feeding you, I said "we hate spoon feeding" just a heads up.

So now back on point

Fair enough.

From a local performance shop
Drag Cast Manifold - $160
Garrett T04E - $450
Custom Downpipe - $250
38mm tail wastegate - $230
Custom dumptube - $85
440cc Injectors, forget the brand - $95
This is almost complete, there is no mention of charge piping. Also those 450cc injectors, are off a 2nd gen Eclipse Turbo, with BLUE TOP injectors. Theres your cheap 450's. I ran mine to 204whp at 80% duty cycle. Also, maybe something to consider, you can get a complete Greddy turbo kit for about 1200 from amazon, may end up saving you money rather than piecing it together.

255lph walbro pump and install kit - $160 (i found same pump for $100 on walbro site and they said they charge only $20 for install kit)
im unsure what this "install" kit is.... mine bolted RIGHT into place of my factory unit.

Custom tune, with chipping my p28 and custom basemap - $75
If your good with a soldering gun, grab a cheap p06, and mod it, there are DIY guides here on the D. And there are LOTS of us here who can burn maps for you at a more than likely discounted rate.

And of course comes with the labor cost $450
Not to be a dick, but installing a turbo kit has got to be one of the easiest tasks to do on a honda. Very little to it. Youd benefit from the knowledge of doing it yourself, helps with later diag also, and will save you money.

Now What Ive found. Online ect.
Precision 525cc injectors - $150-$200
PNP 2$ for dsm 450's, 10$ from radio shack for resistors.

manifold stainless steel - $175
Intake mani? The factory one can hit 300whp, save your money until you MUST upgrade, then id suggest an Edlebrock one, they have proven results and flow a higher CFM than almost any other aftermarket intake mani.
38mm wastegate - $120
Greddy kit uses internal gate, money saved... for now.
Oil feed / Return line kits - Around $50
Greddy kit has return lines and the high pressure SENDING line as well, with the proper fittings.
New p28 chipped - $160
EE-enhanec electronic boost controller - $160
We talked about the p28, the EBC, you should save your dough, grab a Hallman MBC for 35 bucks, your not at the level to need the EBC, yet....

Oil catch can with breather - $100 (greddy, there is cheaper ones without the breather, Idk if i Absolute need the breather?)
Gauges, *oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, AEM wideband, and boost* - $280... I believe these are glowshift.
These things you will need, i run digital panel meter AFR, oil temp, oil pressure, and vacuum/boost.

GL OP - also bro, they are ARP head studs, not APR..... ARP's on ebay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.