Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is what i plan to do and i wonted to see if anyone had a better idea!!!

d15 block
a6 head
milled
port and polish
oversized valves
stage 2 cam
adj cam gear
springs and retainers
jrsc 5lb or 10lb (found one cheap, not changing)
fuel pump
injectors
and new custom exhaust

i plan on stocking up on all the parts by may next year and building it in april or so

if you would do something differently let me know, i have time and i wont to do it the best way possible

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
what are you doin for tuning?

& no need to fix the head up with all of that stuff...if your only going to run 5-10lbs on a stock bottom end...

I would take the money invested in the head & put some thick rods in a d16 bottom-end....
then you could run more boost....
& be cheaper & faster....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i figured i will a a point but for now with money as tight as it is, ill biuld the top end and boost it then next year build the bottom end

·
Registered
802 Posts
what are you doin for tuning?

& no need to fix the head up with all of that stuff...if your only going to run 5-10lbs on a stock bottom end...

I would take the money invested in the head & put some thick rods in a d16 bottom-end....
then you could run more boost....
& be cheaper & faster....

i think you might have that backwards a bit. you'd wanna do up the head so that you can get the most hp out of that 5-10lbs of boost, since you cant really get much more out of a honda supercharger. and if he's sticking with the sc, the bottom end will pretty much handle whatever he throws at it..... unless he decides to throw a turbo on there one day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts