·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ugh.... I remember a time when people searched for answered instead of just asking for them.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/80817-paint-your-rims.html

Any 98 cent Wal-Mart brand or any other brand spray paint works.
My question is about silver. Does any old 99 cent silver spray paint look right? I don't want them to look cheap (you know like when people try painting shit with that "chrome in a can" stuff.

I read your thread.... It didn't answer this question. The only difference between the 99 cent and the wheel paint you pointed out was in the application, and the lack of need for a clear coat.

I'm trying to figure out if regular silver will have the right tint, amount of metallic fleck, etc.

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
My question is about silver. Does any old 99 cent silver spray paint look right? I don't want them to look cheap (you know like when people try painting shit with that "chrome in a can" stuff.

I read your thread.... It didn't answer this question. The only difference between the 99 cent and the wheel paint you pointed out was in the application, and the lack of need for a clear coat.
I always use this rule. 99 cents u get what ya pay for. Just drop like 5 beans for a can of good paint. snad and all that good stuff and ull be good to go

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I've never EVER had an issue with Wal-Mart brand paints. In fact its what I use every time.

Some of my old JDM wheels. They were over 30 years old and the clear coat was peeling and look how it came out with Wal-Mart paint.

FUCK PAYING $4.50 PER CAN FOR SOME KRYLON. PAINT IS PAINT. AS LONG AS YOU USE THE RIGHT METHOD< IT WILL LOOK GOOD!

Who's next?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i've used both they both work but the dupli-color rim paint works much better....the cheap shit ends up flakeing off the wheel paint is much harder and holds better in my experience....if your so worried about 5 bucks go buy the 99cent can if it doesnt come out right go buy the good stuff

90% of if its gonna come out right and look good is going to be how well you prep them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts