Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, im new to this site but gotta quick question, doesn anyone know a good brand of paint that will get me car to look like the skunk 2 rsx? ive been told that doin my car flat black with no clear is bad but im not gonna drive my car much, plus im lookin for like rattle cans,(sounds ghetto) but they did it on a sti on scc magazine and it looked really good

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i've heard good stuff about House of Kolors.

But in general, people always swear by PPG paints. Never done anything myself, just what I read....

B

·
0 Posts
House of Kolors are the hot paints to use if you are a custom painter as they have sooooo many colors and features, most regular body/paint guys are still using PPG or BASF products.

J

·
0 Posts
Don't always believe what you read.......

Aloha "AZN guy",

the color you're after is referred to as satin or flat black.
(the guys in SCM shot it with a flat clear afterwards..)
you can get it at the local paint shop and if you wanna
save some ends and DIY they should be able to "load" up
the paint into some kans(krylon kings status).
so you can shoot it yourself.
or do it the RIGHT way and just pick the color you want
and ask the painter to shoot
flat clear over it versus standard clear.
I'm tryin to find someone to shoot my car with the
flat black over a chameleon that is heat activated...
that way its black until you touch the car or heat hits it.
then it kicks out the chameleon from under the black....
mood ring status....ha ha ha.
Be Blessed,
JDMism

p.s.
as for quality.....
brands like HOK is the bomb, but too $$$$
ANY quality paint is okay if your application
since you're gonna flat clear it anyways...

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
well you wander down to your local hardware store and buy like 4 cans of flat black spray paint and you tape off your car and paint it it took 3 to do my 89 hatch but i need to get another can for touch ups i prefer rust-o-leum it works good for cheap and then i would practice painting another car or somethign to get your spray down good then start on your car and make sure to do it between 50-85 degrees and be inside a wel ventialted garage / shop and you need to be patient it took me and my buddy 3 hours to mask my car off and basically a full day to paint including waiting time and inspection for missed spots o and make sure the car is very clean and there is no moisture whatsoever i ran into issues with that considering i wahsed it right before msking and after i dried it water started dripping out of cracks and messing up my first coat

J

·
0 Posts
and try to use some german fat caps....

to help with the coverage issues
(no lines on the ride....)
try to hit some writers up and
see if they have extras it throws up a
wide @$$ spray..........= more coverage = less lines

JDMism

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
jdmism said:
to help with the coverage issues
(no lines on the ride....)
try to hit some writers up and
see if they have extras it throws up a
wide @$$ spray..........= more coverage = less lines

JDMism
you can order fat caps from some graffiti supply places online, or you can do it old school and source them from other aerosol cans and transplant them onto your paint cans

B

·
0 Posts
SilentWrath* said:
you can do it old school and source them from other aerosol cans and transplant them onto your paint cans
Edit.. read; steal them from those little grandma arts&crafts spraycans next to the paints you are buying. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts