Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a bit of rust in certain areas of the car, plenty of dents and scratches...

I want to get it painted the same color it came as stock, charcoal grey. How much would this run me? Anyone know of any good paint shops in central florida?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what you want to do is do all the prep work yourself, i.e. sanding all the corrosion, scuff sanding your whole car, bondo'n everything that needs it, wet sanding everything, and tack rag everything. then all you need them to do is to spray. painting expensive because of the hours of prep work...

·
I save lives
531 Posts
Dont go to macco they do a shitty job, you get what you pay for there. The paint will start chipping and bad stuff just goes wrong.

If you want a paint job go to a real place where the specialize in painting b/c they will do the job right. The only downside is the price, it might run you $1000-$2000 to get a paint job there, if you did all the prep work yourself. But like I said you get what you pay for plain and simple.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea never ever go to maaco so i hear, but looks like i'll be prepping it myself, and my friend's dad can spray it, jus hafta buy the paint, etc. $200 and a few weekends sounds better than $2000. I went in a paint shop to get a quote, $3000 i was like : o

1 - 5 of 5 Posts