Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've kind of decided i need to get my car repainted after Christmas, as long as my money falls right. I talked to a local who does a lot of excellent work on custom and low rider trucks, plus he's a regular at my store so i know he's reliable.

Anywho, he quoted me $2200 for paint and body work, using BASF basecoat/clearcoat, going back black with no flake (would just be black toner). He told me it would be ~$35 qt for any normal paint. I thought the price sounded good since my car's beat pretty well down one side and door dinged down the other.

Anyone have any suggestions on other colors? If I don't go back black I would like to do something different but not ricey, a single color.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably PPG Omni. I quoted all the stuff I'd need for paint with PPG, it was around 300 for the Omni and 750 for the Premium (not including any filler). I've found some $1000 paint jobs, but they're people doing it at their house and such. I know this guy does awesome work and will back up the job if anything flakes or runs.

Edit: He did tell me 1400 for an acrylic enamel job, but i'd rather spend the $ and get basecoat/clearcoat setup.

·
Registered
stock sedan
1,460 Posts
So i've kind of decided i need to get my car repainted after Christmas, as long as my money falls right. I talked to a local who does a lot of excellent work on custom and low rider trucks, plus he's a regular at my store so i know he's reliable.

Anywho, he quoted me $2200 for paint and body work, using BASF basecoat/clearcoat, going back black with no flake (would just be black toner). He told me it would be ~$35 qt for any normal paint. I thought the price sounded good since my car's beat pretty well down one side and door dinged down the other.
Anyone have any suggestions on other colors? If I don't go back black I would like to do something different but not ricey, a single color.
i hope hes good at bodywork,because if he is just o.k. and you paint the car back black you will see all kinds of wavyness. if you are worried about seeing the dents after he is done go with a metallic color such as silver or gold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts