Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to say that im very satisfied with Pacesetter exhaust systems i myself have owned 2 and know 2 other people wiht them very good systems for low low price and they are pretty quiet for those of you who like the deep mellow sound unless you take off the car or throw on a header then it gets louder but still quiet for an aftermarket set. the first one i bought was for my 1983 VW Jetta i had about 2 years ago bolted right up and work great i put 5k on it before i sold the car to my cousin and it is still on the car wiht 30k on it, then when i purchased my civic i bought another of their exhaust packages the only issue i had was they have 4 kits i believe for 88-91 civic and crx depending on model and engine i bought the one out of summit about a year and a half ago it was for a CRX Si so all i had to do was make it about 18 inches longer because i removed the cat and the civic is slightly longer then a crx also i have to use a different flange becayse i skipped the cat and i had to relocate one of the hangers but as i have noticed they actualy have one specifically for my car. i noticed a good HP and TQ increase form this kit and also i picked up about 3-4 MPG. and on top of that this kit cost me $175.69 dang good deal considering the price of an apexi or borla system i have just over 15,000 miles on it the only issue i had was they gave my clamps to put it together and i dont liek the idea of clamps holding it all together so i had to get my cousin to weld it up but thats it its a full cat-back set made of 2" ID aluminized steel and sprayed with heat resistant flat black paint and it comes with a 3" chrome tip it looks nice but personallyi wish i would have sprung for the dual pencil tip style, oh and also when i got it the tip was painted yellow on the inside so i painted it blakc with hig heat flat black and it had this gay yellow band seperating the chrome and pant on the exhaust i just pulled it off and it looks nice now, also its an OEM designed system so theres no custom work and it goes right on wiht existing hardware and hangers. the only issue is people make jokes that my CAI is louder then the exhaust and it only looks stock with a big ass tip welded on it so the verdict is
Styling: 8/10
performance: 10/10
ease of installation: 9/10
quality: 9/10
sound: 7/10
completeness of kit: 10/10 (detailed instructions, clamps, bolts, decal, wrapped in bubble wrap, and all pieces accountable for)
Idiot factor: 8/10 (how easily could your average every day retard do this)

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
I've only heard bad things about the full exhaust setups, but their newer armorcoated headers are supposed to be good pieces aside from the slag on the inside of the tubing. A dremel makes short work of that though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a pacesetter header on the z6 in my CRX and it was a bitch. Had to modify the front cross member for the O2 sensor THEN had to cut out some of the tubing inside the bung to get the sensor in. Don't think I'll buy again. Good sound though. Not too harsh.

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres a pic of mine just after install works like a charm no problems cept got to modify it cuz the shorty shifter hits it

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts