Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headers were a great upgrade, I didnt think they would be that good because of the low cost but the higher rpms was where I can feel the power I gained. Dont let people tell you different. there not like DC but they are still a really good upgrade especially when I got the cold air intake even more of an increase!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey good to here that. I've had there exhaust on my 92 hb for awhile now and no problems yet, It has a good non attention getting muffler too.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My Old Pace Setter Write-Up

It's still going, 11 months strong, although that stupid o2 sensor is driving me NUTS. I couldn't get a smooth takeoff with a cold engine if I had the county sheriff sitting next to me with a ticket booklet.

I'll take a pic tomorrow and show all y'all what header rust is all about.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
This is a Pace Setter after one year. Notice the odd rust pattern and crappy o2 sensor location (it isn't in any main exhaust stream, just a pocket welded between the secondaries, and 3/4 of the sensor isn't exposed to gases anyways).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea thats different style then mine. My o2 sensor is right in the middle of the 4-2 part
but my prob is everytime i tighten it it comes loose again. lol...damn thing...When i pulled my engine I slapped a new coat of high temp silver on it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I wonder if they redesigned it, cuz my version is really sucky for that o2 sensor.

Yah, keep 'er painted so it don't look like that atrocity under my car!! (I probably got a bum pipe cuz the whole thing was painted with hi-temp ceramic, and even the primaries aren't rusting. It's just that one section there.)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Ok, if you get one of these headers and the o2 bung is welded between the secondaries like mine, spend the $30 and take it to a muffler shop. Have them weld a new bung directly onto one of the secondaries to put that sensor right into the exhaust stream. Trust me, it works way better. No more dumping fuel, fouled plugs, smelly exhaust... As for the old bung, just ask for a used sensor. Mine's from a Chevy pickup. Remember, all it has to do is plug the hole!

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
636 Posts
your hole car is full of rust ! .. paint it a tread it with antirust thing (like olie stuff..)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
zeus zore said:
your hole car is full of rust ! .. paint it a tread it with antirust thing (like olie stuff..)
That's what happens when you live on a dirt road. At least the rust (not on the header) hasn't spread in the last 3 years or so.

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Pacesetter has been sorta hit-or-miss for a while now. It seems the make batches of good stuff, and batches of bad stuff. I've seen some of their headers last forever, while some of them literally fall apart at the welds in a matter of weeks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have had mine for 1 year now..................

No rust yet.................<-----------(San Diego ;) )

Definittly no cracks at any of the welds............

My o2 sensor was exactlly where it should be........

Onlything that didn't line up was a suport bracket that on the down pipe.......Never hooked it up..........

Never had a problem because of it......

Its not pretty.....and I had to do some porting on the inlet flanges.....But in my book I have no complants for the 150 spent..........

It lasted longer than $450 of tires..... (under normal wear)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts