Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
my size 9.5 pumas
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok from what ive read on the manual the clearances before i have to go to the next size piston or the service limit is 2.956" or 75.07mm.......so my question is my measurement of 2.960" or 75.184mm to big for 75mm pistons? can i just use a smaller gap on the rings? i bought the 75mm pistons and im holding back on puting it together for that reason...thanks for any and all input.....and ive searched and cant find a solid answer just:jerkit:

·
Banned
my size 9.5 pumas
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok from what ive read on the manual the clearances before i have to go to the next size piston or the service limit is 2.956" or 75.07mm.......so my question is my measurement of 2.960" or 75.184mm to big for 75mm pistons? can i just use a smaller gap on the rings? i bought the 75mm pistons and im holding back on puting it together for that reason...thanks for any and all input.....and ive searched and cant find a solid answer just:jerkit:
its a turbo build with vitara pistons and chromium plated piston rings are going to be used thanks again

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
wonder if piston slap is a thing for only ten thousandths

·
Banned
my size 9.5 pumas
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clearance issues or rather... concerns with some stuff

ok from what ive read on the manual the clearances before i have to go to the next size piston or the service limit is 2.956" or 75.07mm.......so my question is my measurement of 2.960" or 75.184mm to big for 75mm pistons? i bought 75mm pistons and im holding back on puting it together for that reason...thanks for any and all input.....and ive searched and cant find a solid answer just:bs:

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
If you were thousands off I would say yes. Being over a tenth is a large number to ask the seals to fill under heavy pressure.

You could assemble one cylinder, then check ring gaps.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
did you really make 2 threads asking the same thing?

·
Banned
my size 9.5 pumas
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you were thousands off I would say yes. Being over a tenth is a large number to ask the seals to fill under heavy pressure.

You could assemble one cylinder, then check ring gaps.
i thought about running a smaller gap on that cylinder since i have to set the ring gaps anyways .16 top .18 second then the rest .18 and .20... what would be the consequences if any of this? uneven cylinder presure? or something else thanks in advance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts