Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im building a little z6 only shooting for 400-450 :bigok: :) lol... well i just got a call from the machine shop and they said my p2w right now on 75mm bore is .004 wich is kinda big i think :/ but ive seen people run up to .0045 on there builds.. its a stock bore with SRP 9:1's.. do u guys think i should sell thos srp's and just pick up a set of 75.5's and b happy with it or see what happens? need advice asap thanks

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.004 is perfect. Rock it.
thats wat im going to do.. ill start a build thread soon.. ive just been keeping it hush hush for a little while, trying to get all my parts together.. if i break a ring land ill blame i on u and send u the bill :bigok: haha jk

What does SRP say to run?
i dont have the SRP spec sheet but i talk to some other people and they said there spec sheet told them .0035..

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i ran .0045 with my SRP's

forged slugs expand more than cast slugs like vitaras so you need to go with larger P2W clearances than usual.

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i ran .0045 with my SRP's

forged slugs expand more than cast slugs like vitaras so you need to go with larger P2W clearances than usual.
thanks danz.. i should be getting the block back tomorrow :) i want her done already!

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Sorry, wrong link.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
SRP has a website. It might be JPs website.

0.0045 sounds good to me with forged pistons heavy boost.

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the replies!!!! heres a sneak peak at the motor and the car its going in (my purple people eater lol) full brake line and wire tuck :)

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
looks good.. .0045 is a little loose imo... but its all in the builder and what he thinks is best... normally its .001 for every 100 hp. if this is gonna be mostly a street car, i would run a differernt clearance... if this thing is gonna see nothing but full throttle its a whole different story. you have to build the motor for what your going to be using it for.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
SRP site says refer to included instructions.

If you where sold a set without instructions shoot the guy that sold them to you.

If you lost them yourself, shoot yourself.

I just found my SRPs and their instructions.

Here is what they say.

Measure piston 0.500" from bottom of skirt.

Measure at or close to 68 deg F as aluminium used for pistons expands more than the iron in the block or sleeves.

The clearances listed below ARE MINIMUM. Some applications such as supercharged, turbo, nitrous and endurance applications may require 0.001 to 0.003" to be added to the minimum clearance listed below.

Sports compact 2.5 to 3.625" bore 0.002 to 0.0025" basic clearance plus extra required for application.

This nets out to 0.003 to 0.0055". At 400 HP you will be closer to the top end of that. An aluminium block take a little off as does being very slightly under the middle of the bore size range. 0.004 to 0.0045 sounds the best range for your application from those instructions.

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SRP site says refer to included instructions.

If you where sold a set without instructions shoot the guy that sold them to you.

If you lost them yourself, shoot yourself.

I just found my SRPs and their instructions.

Here is what they say.

Measure piston 0.500" from bottom of skirt.

Measure at or close to 68 deg F as aluminium used for pistons expands more than the iron in the block or sleeves.

The clearances listed below ARE MINIMUM. Some applications such as supercharged, turbo, nitrous and endurance applications may require 0.001 to 0.003" to be added to the minimum clearance listed below.

Sports compact 2.5 to 3.625" bore 0.002 to 0.0025" basic clearance plus extra required for application.

This nets out to 0.003 to 0.0055". At 400 HP you will be closer to the top end of that. An aluminium block take a little off as does being very slightly under the middle of the bore size range. 0.004 to 0.0045 sounds the best range for your application from those instructions.

thank you sir.. i guess i need to go shoot someone!! haha jk.. well by the sounds of thos directions i should b good to go.. i hope i can make 400-450 and it will also b and a 75 shot... ill leave it at .004 and see what happens.. if she blows fuck it! ill do a sleeved block next

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a 75 shot and high boost... your looking to grenade that bitch.
naaaa she will b fine.. its on a wet kit and will have a water/methenal kit.. she can handle it

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Fuck it. Boost + N02 is win.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Fuck it. Boost + N02 is win.
exactly!! its not like its my DD if it blows up ill b a little upset but i have a few other motors to throw in it... shes just a fun toy to play with.. i DD my EM1 and my 07 r6 :bigok:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts