Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 civic ex with the y8 of course, but its an a/t wah wah.. my problem is, my iacv was not working period (new iacv, and ran new wires from ecu) the car ran for a bit until someone stepped on the ecu while it was on the floor and broke the second ground from the d plug. after that, no start, and the scanner cannot connect to the ecu. i figured i fried it so i got a new one, put it in and still no start, and cannot connect to ecu. i am officially lost

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
D plug is only part of the automatic transmission stuff. What does the car do when you turn the key to on? Does it prime and turn over but no fire?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it tries to turn but doesnt start. when i unplug the map sensor it doesnt throw a cel at all. all fuses are fine... d plug was the only one messed with at all.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Sounds to me like you either have no power or ground. B1 & b9 are power. B2,b10,b20 and b22 and the thermostat are grounds.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B plug was messed with not the D lol idk what i was thinking. but i will check to see if there is power to those wires

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Does the light even work?

Do you have power and ground at the DLC?

Just having the MAP sensor unplugged wont automatically set a MIL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah some pins came out when replacing the one broken one but its all back in order and in all the way otherwise the white snap wouldnt of snapped

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the light works. ive unplugged a couple things to try to send a cel and it doesnt connect at all for some reason... should i just say f it and get another harness??

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Are you trying to start the car after unplugging things? The MIL wont set right away all the time, some times you have to start the car for it to set

·
Registered
267 Posts
the light works. ive unplugged a couple things to try to send a cel and it doesnt connect at all for some reason... should i just say f it and get another harness??
I'm not sure how badly they 'stomped' on the ecu but do you hear the fuel pump priming when you try to crank the car? Did you check for power at the B plug by using the obd2b ecu pinout? Have you check the fuses in the engine bay fusebox?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts