Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’m new and just made an account. I’m pretty sure there’s something related to this on the forum, but I can’t find it.

I have an EJ6 with a D16Y7 with a 5spd manual tranny, and the ecu is a P2E A12.

I’m currently looking for a Y8 head to make it vtec. I know I need the P2P A12 which is the vtec each for the D16Y8 with a 5pd manual tranny.

So I was wondering is someone can point me to getting the diagram for the P2P A12 to see how that harness is set up. Cause I noticed some weird stuff on the harness in my car.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
what is "weird stuff"?

what are you looking for, hooking up the vtec stuff? pressure switch and solenoid/spool valve wires are the ones you are looking for.

You can find wire-in kits online that make it an easier process to achieve your goal.

Or you could go on ebay and grab an EX manual harness. MATCH chassis, whether its 96-98 OBD2A or 99-00 OBD2B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a socket on the engine bay that seems to be for the vtec solenoid. But looking at the color codes on that one socket and trace it back to the harness where it hooks up to the Ecu it doesn’t match the pin for the ecu to control the solenoid.

FYI -> it’s OBD2B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts