Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the immobiliser on their civic I have a 99 ls coupe with the d16y7 and P2e ecu I can’t get my head round it I’ve fitted the immobiliser blank chip into the ecu however still nothing is there any connections in the ecu to bridge or is it just a case of fitting the chip.
Tia Lewis

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Was not aware the 99-00 civics had an immobilizer. Was it only certain car markets?

If it is like the USDM versions that made their way into the integra type R and last few years of the prelude, people simply snapped the IMMO board off and dealt with the flashing key light on the dash.

Is your IMMO board a 10-14 pin long single row board? or is it a small 8pin EPROM chip?

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Does the car turn on and drive? Are you just looking to get rid of the green key light in the gauge cluster?

or is it NOT running/starting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the car turn on and drive? Are you just looking to get rid of the green key light in the gauge cluster?

or is it NOT running/starting?
Hi Matt sorry for the late reply, that car will spin over but not start I’m guessing the immobiliser cuts the fuel pump as I can’t here it running

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
How have you determined it is the immobilizer?

This could be as simple as the main relay. On your car, it should be located on the end of the passenger side dashboard. When you open the door, you should be able to see a 10mm mounting bolt. Then open glovebox, and unplug the main relay.

The main relay is prone to cracking solder joints.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How have you determined it is the immobilizer?

This could be as simple as the main relay. On your car, it should be located on the end of the passenger side dashboard. When you open the door, you should be able to see a 10mm mounting bolt. Then open glovebox, and unplug the main relay.

The main relay is prone to cracking solder joints.
I’ve tried the main relay and immobiliser ring out of another coupe same as mine neither made a difference buddy

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
That doesnt really say what caused this situation. Was this a swap? Did the old ecu go bad, and you had to replace it?

How have you determined it is definitely the immobilizer system?

Have you checked the fuel pump by providing power to it directly to prove it is working? The harness is accessable under the rear seats. You can unplug it and use small alligator clips and a small 12v power source that can deliver at least 5 amps. An old laptop power source can work if it is 9-16v You will have to make a ground wire temporarily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts