Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning an auto to manual conversion on an OBD 1 JDM P29-T50 ecu, that is running a D16A9 ( twin of the ZC DOHC )

been through all the internet available details, can someone technically explain how this " Remove RP 17 and jumper RP18 " works on OBD1 ecus?

is it true that these ecus are "switchable" auto to manual be re-arranging the jumper config. allowing the ecu to function completely as manual?

on tuning solutions.

your idea on a socket/chip/software package that can work with this ECU?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read the damn question i posted first?

do you know the technical function of RP17 and RP 18?

can you technically explain what happens to the ecu when these jumpers are made?

did you ask ur self how am i asking for RP17 and RP 18 , obviously i read about them

i am asking for a technical response not a series of posts.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
so....did you click on any of the links and read? because I found what they do via a link in one of the links.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
you are removing two resistors and replacing one with a piece of wire or 0-ohm resistor

that is the technical explanation, you are converting to manual.

Be sure to verify any and all solder joints.

take the opportunity to replace ANY capacitors that have even the SLIGHTEST indication of age or wear/tear.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks matt

here are some photos as well

just want to clarify that i dont have an RP18 already in this ECU,

so RP18 with a jumper wire ?, other people on honda0tech say " remove RP17 and put it where RP18 is ", do you think that's different?

also , as part of the conversion , i see its necessary to jump the auto shift position indicator to make the ecu think its in park and send the ignition signal.

do you think that has any effect on the fuel and ignition tables , i.e with the ecu running the engine while its receiving a park signal

Attachments

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
dont believe random people then.

Plenty of users on here know what to do.

xenocron also doesnt really hide how they do their shit either

EDIT ecu doesnt care about shifter signals.

park and nuetral are switchs for starter wiring, nothing more. your ecu doesnt give a shit what position the shifter is in

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
17 is a "0" ohm resistor, that single band indicates that, look up resistor color codes. Thats why u can swap it into the 18 spot. Very easy, if you can de-solder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts