Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a new set of P29 piston + wrist pins. My problem is the F*** pin don´t fit in my stock rods (D16Z6). It´s bigger. Someone can help me? I don´t know if the wrist pin of P28 (stock piston Z6) will fit and if will be a problem.

Thanks

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Are you sure they're bigger (did you measure them) or did you just try and slide them in yourself?

Stock wristpins are an inteference fit (i.e. press fit) pin. You would need to have a shop press them in for you.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Hi, I have a new set of P29 piston + wrist pins. My problem is the F*** pin don´t fit in my stock rods (D16Z6). It´s bigger. Someone can help me? I don´t know if the wrist pin of P28 (stock piston Z6) will fit and if will be a problem.

Thanks
yeah they need to be pressed in. a competent machine shop can handle that for you.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
how much do shops usually charge for the wrists pins to be pressed in

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
sorry guys, maybe its out of topic but still related with P29 piston..
i wanna ask about P29 oversize,

i wonder if there're PM7/P29 pistons with oversize bigger than 1.00 ? are there?

what if i wanna overbore 1.50 until 2.00 ? any suggest of high comp. pistons beside aftermarket pistons

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
That is highly un-recomended as the stock sleeves are not meant to be oversized that much. There are no stock pistons available for any Honda to my knowledge that go more than .5 over stock size. In order to go wider, you need to sleeve the block and run aftermarket pistons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts