Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
try a search. this question has been asked 100 millon times.

just type in p29's and read you will find your answer

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt understand how that thing workes lol ... all i need to know is if i have to shave my head or block at all to make these work... or if i need a thicker head gasket

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
If you don't understand how that works, you should not be building an engine, or having one built unless you are going to follow the builders recomendations completely (and pay for that). All you want us to do is tell you to do this, this, and this, and these are the reults you will get. That is not going to happen in most cases, and is impossible to predict everything. If you want to know the answer to your question, you can look it up or learn how to figure it out for yourself. You need to do that anyway to verify what other people tell you, or you can get taken in by bad advice and then you'll waste money and time on something that won't be what you wanted, if you even know what that is in the first place.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Are you that stupid i asked one question cuz i couldnt find the answer from the search for my engine type... all i need to know is how much do i need to add or shave to my block to make a p29 piston work on a D16y8 engine... how is that fucking hard... its not even an opinion question... so u sir need to sort your shit out and quit being a d-bag and learn to read
^ was sent to me via PM.

First off, jackass, if you can't find out the answer to your question via a search, that's not MY porblem. Secondly, from your question you posted, you can find those answers via searching on the forum or even google. (I actually prefer to use google to search the forum as google will pick up stuff in the archive.) Third, if you don't understand how a compression calculator works, you have no freaking bussiness building an engine from mix and match parts. You want someone to tell you what compression your engine is going to be with whatever done to it using certain pistons and heads. Fourthly, and more importantly, I wasn't replying to your original question, as I had no intention of giving you answers that are readily available. I was commenting on the fact that YOU replied to a member's attempt to educate you as to the means to figure your own question out, which is a more valuable lesson than just giving you an answer. THAT is ingorant, lazy, and, at least to me, annoying. I wasn't and am not replying to a question. I am not going to reply to a question from you.

And to rebut your comments:
-I know how to use a compression calculator, and if I had to, I could actually do the math on paper.
-I know the compression height, dome volume, pin diameter, rod length, crank throw, headgasket thickness, and stock chamber volume for the parts in question.
-I know how to frickin use google: http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=P29+Piston+D16Y8&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

So, who has thier crap together? I can build an engine. Maybe you can, too, but you sure don't sound like it. Think whatever you want of me, but stop being such a lazy tool.

·
Registered
873 Posts
to the OP:

Look, the thing with this is, many people have done the mistake of not educating themselves well enough first (yes, sad to say, by searching as WE all did) before doing a build like the combo you mentioned.
What happened to the great majority of them? As highly enthusiastic as they were at the start, they eventually lost interest in the D engine and consequently, the D series community and moved on to mitsu.....never mind. (j/k) just because they messed up their build once they got it running.
With all the time, effort and money spent putting it together, the whole thing blows up and they say they don't wanna have anything to do with Honda engines ever again.
(or they buy a B)

That is the part that we don't want our fellow members to go through here.

Anyway, to answer your question still, I wouldn't recommend shaving neither the head nor block anymore if you plan to use P29s as the compression will be quite high already.
I'd advise against thicker head gaskets also. Just use the OEM 3-layer.

What you must do is get a cam to make effective use of that much compression rather than making it work negatively as a source of (heat) trap for the engine's increased combustion temps which will never be good.

And more importantly is for you to have all the necessary means to tune the engine AS SOON as it runs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts