Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
1,831 Posts
If you converted your car to obd1 getting ready to build a motor down the road you could load a.stock y8 map on your p28 and run it until you change something that requires a tune.

A tune on a stock motor isn't worth the money unless.you can do it your self or have a buddy with access to a dyno.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
tuning the stock motor does open up a little horsepower, but not recommended if that is going to be the most you do.

It is a great starting point for future use down the road, such as nitrous, NA build, or turbo, as with a stock motor, you do not have a butt ton of variables different from everyone else and it is easier to learn.

Tuning the stock setup does enable you to swap to modern fuel injectors, which in themselves, increases power and fuel efficiency due to a better fuel spray pattern/mist.

Id do it for a learning exercise that can bring a lot of future use.

If purely for power, well, you already got told lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys for the feed back. Planning on building my civic and I haven't built one before this will.be my first and just trying to figure out where to start and what to do. Right now just got a aem intake and exhaust. But saving up money to go from there got bout 300 saved so far

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I want to get my car ready for a cheap turbo setup. Before I go buy an eBay turbo kit I want to get the ECU and fuel taken care of so I'm not messing with that right after I have turbo installed (except for of course doing the fuel tuning)

I'm also really interested in learning how to tune. I've been researching all the different softwares available and from what I've gathered so far crome is the thing people are using with chipped p28

Crome has problems though and I think one day I'm probably gonna go with AEM because they have their own software that is maintained better

Where you planning on buying the chipped p28 from?

So if you're interested in learning how to tune as well I'd say it's definitely worth it even on a stock engine. Even more so worth it if you plan on doing some basic things like cat delete, header, full exhaust, upgraded fuel pump and injectors

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure where gonna get one when I do was just looking around at them online. And mods to come are a bigger air intake, ss drag header with 2.5 in cat back and test pipe then go from there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts