Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 EX Civic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently swap my 97 ex civic to5spd manual. the swap went well with no serious issues. I was using my auto ecu for like 3 weeks. Check engine light was on as expected. Now I got the obd2 to obd1 harness and a chipped out p28. I am getting an idle of 1500 and no more check engine light cause I converted my 3 wire iacv to a 2 wire from the ecu. This made the check engine light turn off. I am still using the auto manifold can that be the problem to the high idle because the car isnt surging only idling high(1500 rpm)

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
there is an air bleeder screw on the front of your throttle body. you can adjust idle there if need be.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yah.. it is to the left beside that vacuum port that goes to that emission canister on the firewall. Just turn the bitch. After I put an h22 TB on my d it idled at about the same. Tightening it will reduce the idle. Just don't tighten it all the way of it might idle like a bag sometimes. At best tighten it all the way if you have to and turn it back a 1/4 turn!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
if your still using the auto manifold where did you mount the 2 wire iacv?

the 3 wire iacv wont work with 2 wires hooked up. you need the 5 speed intake manifold and the 2 wire iacv as well.

or you can just block of the holes in the tb for the iacv and use the plugin in crome to disable the iacv.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i tightened my screw all the way in. it does bounce sometimes when you hit the clutch when it is cold, but it is tolerable.

ryan

·
Registered
56 Posts
lilryanadamse, I swapped a y8 auto into my 5speed & added a p2p, but have the same dilemma (CEL). Please, writeup how you did the conversion from a 3 wire sensor to a 2wire? Did you bolt a 2wire IAC in place of the 3wire?

I know how to change the wire, other than the physical PIN into the ecu (I'm having trouble pulling them out of the connector). Do I need the manifold, other parts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts