Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic?
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, got a question...

so i chipped/socketed my ecu, had my local tuner who will be tuning my car burn me a basemap for my 3bar and 450 injectors... i put on all the turbo stuff minus the injectors/ecu/3bar and drove it a few days in vacuum only to check for leaks and things.

so i placed all the caps/res/sockets in the ecu, but get a solid cel when i try and start it but the first problem seems to be the injector box wiring: i have searched a lot and wired it up like everyone else seems to do but when the fuel pump primes i get this horrible noise from the injectors that sounds like an electrical whine but really loud and bad sounding. from what i searched, the socket could be in backwards/bad or i messed up soldering? as for the injectors, are they bad or is my wiring bunko?

this is vaguely how it's wired up.. i can take some pics of the ecu as well, if needed... i removed j12, jumped j1, added two caps, a res, a socket and two chips that were included in the moates kit.

if i disconnect the injectors and prime the pump, no bad sounds, seems like the injectors are "groaning". any help would be nice, dyno appt coming up...

thanks!

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Wow. Its wired semi-correctly. Shouldn't cause an issue... (no reason to have all the power wired but its fine I bet)

That's crazy that your hearing noise.. I really don't know what to tell you than to post a pic of the front and back of the board that can see if it is burned at all that's it...

But also. I have seen people first hand static shock and ruin an ecu or put a chip in bakcwards and fuck up an ecu too. So goodluck..

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
? ok all the power wire do not come from the ecu for the injectors thy are hooked to the main relay for power the ecu just provides ground. So I don’t know how that diagram would work.

I you plan on tuning you need to remove j12 to datalog but you need j1 jumped to run the external rom.

I think the injectors could be opening to prime the motor for start up I think its called start up/cranking fuel trim but don’t quote me on that. So the sound could be normal. It runs? What code?

·
Registered
Honda Civic?
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright so what i did to wire in the resistor box was i check the continuity with a DMM and then cut those wires, wired them to the red wire and took the remaining 4 black wires and fed them back to the injectors just like the hondata diagram displays...

I dont think the sound is normal, im kinda thinking its my ecu, i removed the j12 and jumped j1 but i get a solid cel before during and after the cranking. It ran for about 2 seconds then died because of no fuel? I have a gauge on the fuel rail thats reporting 40 psi but i dont think any is getting to the cylinders. I will try removing the jumper for stock map and see if it is still jacked, any common fuck ups with the ecu chipping? All my solders look clean and no crossing but i will double check

I used the obd1 chipping diy in the diy section if it helps... Thanks again

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
What code is the cel?

·
Registered
Honda Civic?
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there was no code, i tried pulling a code but just stayed solid...

anyway, i found out what the problem was, upon closer examination, i had placed the zif connector in 1 row of pins off so it must have been sending some fucked up signals. i wired back up my resistor box and she runs great now, i feel like a complete moron but i guess the best thing is to check and re-check! dyno appt in the morning..:bigok:

thanks again for the help

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
there was no code, i tried pulling a code but just stayed solid...

anyway, i found out what the problem was, upon closer examination, i had placed the zif connector in 1 row of pins off so it must have been sending some fucked up signals. i wired back up my resistor box and she runs great now, i feel like a complete moron but i guess the best thing is to check and re-check! dyno appt in the morning..:bigok:

thanks again for the help
you failed, then you won!. good job . =)

put them numbers up asap doggy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts