Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my engine on my 7th gen civic D17A2, I’m getting the code p01491 for EGR valve I know the EGR valve is cleaned because it’s the one from my other head and it was running fine. The passage on the intake manifolds also is clean because I took all those off and look at them before putting them back.
So what now could cause this code.?
there was a small hole the size of a pencil that I was cleaning out but I didn’t do much cleaning to it.
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
some 01-03 civic EX's did not have the EGR, and thus has a factory block off gasket.

When you took the intake flange off with the fuel injectors, did the metal gasket cover the EGR hole? It is next to the #4 runner

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
You can also check by simply unplugging and removing the EGR valve, and running the engine to feel for exhaust out of the valve mount.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some 01-03 civic EX's did not have the EGR, and thus has a factory block off gasket.

When you took the intake flange off with the fuel injectors, did the metal gasket cover the EGR hole? It is next to the #4 runner
I rechecked the EGR and I realized that the plug wasn’t on all the way. For some reason I thought the plug was fully engaged but it wasn’t. I fixed it and the light went off.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
It happens. I sometimes even get the connector to click into place, but pins are not all the way in, causing random vibration-based connection errors. Giving it a good wiggle and a little more pressure, problem is usually solved.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It happens. I sometimes even get the connector to click into place, but pins are not all the way in, causing random vibration-based connection errors. Giving it a good wiggle and a little more pressure, problem is usually solved.
Problem solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts