Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the next couple of weeks I'm going to pick.up a d15b that needs new piston rings and the block honed. I figured since ill have the the block bare, why not start piecing together some stronger internals?

Now, I've looked around and I know that p08 pistons are near impossible to find, so I don't really want to scrap them. I am goikg to get some beefier rods and such.

What I really want to know is how much do you think the p08 pistons would really take under boost? Would it be worth it? I love the idea of a high compression Turbo, that's why I'm not wanting to go with vitara's.

I've also put into zeal calculator and it said that vitaras in the d15b gives you a CR of 6:0:1??? I don't think I put it in correctly, cause that doesn't sound right. From my understanding it should of been higher compression instead of lower compression.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lol thank you for the offer, but it has brand new ECERYTHING. Only needs new piston rings and a hone.

I just did a little searching on d15b +vitaras, and I can't find any sold info! I found a thread where bizzar posted something about the set up, but the link is inactive now.

So...once again, lol, d15b+vitaras= what compression ratio?? Wouldn't it be slightly lower than stock? And what rods a good pair up for this? The link bizzar posted they were using tunertoy rods.

EDIT:
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info.php?products_id=395
^^^ found these, Im really considering this route. Does anyone know what the rod length is on the I beams? Has anyone on here bought these?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
The D15B uses the same rod as the D16A6/Z6...

BTW: I wasn't offering/promoting a sale, just showing you where you can get OEM Honda D15B parts..

NIJA EDIT:"NEXT BATCH ORDER WILL BE PLACED MON May 16 2011 AND THIS
BATCH WILL BE EXPECTED TO ARRIVE BY THE 1ST WEEK OF July 2011.

Product: YCP Vitara Pistons with Custom Length FJ R SPEC JDM D15B I-beam Connecting rods.

In Box:

(4) YCP Vitara Pistons (Please specify bore Size)
(4) Piston Wrist pins & Securing Clips
Complete set of Piston Rings
(4) Custom length Forged JDM D15B I Beams Connecting Rods
(8) ARP 2000 3/8" Rod Bolts
(1) ARP Lube packet
Connecting Rods Specifications:

5.37"C.C., .8739" Beam wide, .898" B.E.width, 1.890" B.E. bore, 0.7483" wrist pin (19mm). for floating wrist pins applications.

-For all Honda JDM D15B engines using Vitara pistons
-For turbo applications.
-ARP 2000 Rod Bolts (3/8")
- 600+ whp rating
- NO Notching of Block is required on JDM D15 engines

These rods were designed Specifically to run the Vitara pistons into
JDM D15B engines(Only the JDM Model, will not fit into USDM D15). When you use standard length (137mm) rods with
Vitara pistons, the pistons will either stay below the deck (d16 engines)
or go up pass above the deck height (JDM D15).

Even though the setups have worked like this(using std length rods),
this is not completely ideal because the combustion is happening
not at the right place and there are compression ratios issues
(very low CR). So we have designed a custom I beam rod with a
custom length to solve this issue. Using this rod the Vitara piston
will sit right at deck height providing more Compression(one full point
on D16 engines) and making the combustion happen where it has to be.

Get more Horsepower out of your boosted Vitara project with these rods.

Compression Ratios vary depending on the head and head gasket used."

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I'd say 2-250hp max with a really good tune...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Why not go with vitara's? They are proven by many and not very expensive if you are already buying rods. I wouldnt run P08 just to be different. Do what works.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Why not go with vitara's? They are proven by many and not very expensive if you are already buying rods. I wouldnt run P08 just to be different. Do what works.
Because the motor is a d15b and the vitaras stick above the deck in this motor, and I don't want to spend $500 to make it work. Hence the reason I would like to use the stock pistons.

Edit: I'm not looking to make over 200whp, if I make slightly less, that's fine. I'm doing an a/c Turbo build. My thinking is that with reinforced rods, and stock pistons, it shouldn't be a problem.

And yes, my only problem I could see would be detonation.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
oem honda pistons are more durable then the rods. detonation will kill them faster then any power number

vitara pistons will sit above the deck in a jdm d15b motor.
you should search and see if the vitaras have enough material to get shaved to sit flush

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Well since the D15B use's PM6 rods why don't you get PR3(LS/B20) rods? LS rods can handle 250+hp...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts