Honda D Series Forum banner

p08 for a d15b

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Chrisfrom1986 
#1 ·
So i got a complete d15b swap its in and running with a pm6.I went to a local tuner shop to buy a p28 so a could start converting my car to obd 1.When i got the ecu the serial number was scotch taped on.So i further investigated the situation and it is a p08.Is this a better ecu for my motor?How much should these run? Rep for some answers

#2 ·
P08 is the stock computer for D15B and will run the motor the best. However the D15B uses a 1 wire o2 sensor and if you installed a 4 wire o2 you may have a problem. Other then that P08 Is Perfct for D15B

#3 ·
I have had both the p08 and the p28 running my d15b, I DID use a 4 wire o2 sensor with po8 and it worked fine. As far as preformance there was no noticable difference whatsoever. I would use what you have for now. Good luck buddy

Reactions: workinprog
#4 ·
Yea, as said the P08 is the proper ECU for that engine... But it will run fine on either... The P08 does have slightly different fuel maps (more for the D15B) which is why it is a better candidate for the D15B vs the P28... So long as it works, and its a manual (and your running a manual tranny) you have nothing to worry about...

One thing I would be worried about is why they sold you a P08 as a P28, it dosnt make any sense, Id be very leery of that shop from now on... This time you got the better deal, but next time you might not... They could have sold you a P06 which is non VTEC as a P28, which would have been a bad deal for you...

#5 ·
This made me wander as well because the numbers where barley visible i just checked again and its a p06 and their is some black spots where it looks like shit got hot.

Reactions: Exempt
#6 ·
well, lesson learned. the JDM ecus have a smaller, more square frame. this sould have been noticed right away, but oh well. what shop is this that sold it to you? would be nice to know so others can stay clear.

i have tried to run the P08 and kept having the o2 code come up after gettin on the freeway. my d15b runs fine with the p28 ecu/map. if your ever gonna get it reffed you need a p28 though. :beer:

#9 ·
Don't go in all huffy and puffy. It could have been an honest mistake. If not, get the money back first, then let them have a piece of your mind. If no money is refunded, and they're jerks about it, on your way out, grab a few items worth a little more than what you paid for the ecu. Oh yeah, have some buddies waiting outside by your vehicle(for intimidation only).

It's not like you're stealing. Taking your money's worth is a justified act.

It sounds like these are the type of people that give shops/enthusiasts a bad name.

-josh-

#10 · (Edited)
lol i hope you wern' talking about me giving them a bad name.If so you have no fucking clue what you are talking about?When you have a p28 serial number scotch taped over the old one and there is still an original that says p06.then i dont think they just mistakenly sold me the wrong one.

#11 ·
I do know a little about computers/tuning. I own a wideband and can socket computers. I've tuned about 5 cars in my town and none have blown up or had any problems thus far.

I just think that maybe they had been sold a p06 that, they were told, had been converted to vtec, and maybe they didn't test it before it was passed to you. This COULD just be a misunderstanding, and in that case, it's still their fault, and your money should be reimbursed... I was simply suggesting to give them the benefit of the doubt.

-josh-

#13 ·

Well i would give them the benefit of the doubt if i didnt watch him go to the back with a screwdriver which means he looked at it.When a friend of mine had a body kit put on there they told him they had to refiberglass it to fit i didnt know 2x4 fell into the category of refiberglassing.

#15 ·
Man they sold you an automatic California emissions P06. That sucks, definately get something done about that. Might want to try it in a friends EX or something? Get a better picture of the board, it could have been chipped with a P28 map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.