Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Civic EG
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy an ECU for my JDM D15B Vtec. P08 seems like non-existent anymore. So is the P08 same as P28? Are there are any differences with these two units? Is there a difference with wiring? Or if I buy a P28, would I have to remap it to be a P08 or something? Am already having troubles with a mismatched ECU on board, so have to get the best match :D

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Chip the P28 ECU with the P08 maps. The P08 uses a 1-wire o2 and doesn't use a evap. purge control solenoid. The maps are not at all the same. I was using a stock P28 ECU on my D15B with the D16Z6 wiring harness, once I chipped the ECU with the P08 maps it ran a lot better and got better MPG. It's only $20 for the chip kit from xenocron.com.

·
Registered
Civic EG
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chip the P28 ECU with the P08 maps. The P08 uses a 1-wire o2 and doesn't use a evap. purge control solenoid. The maps are not at all the same. I was using a stock P28 ECU on my D15B with the D16Z6 wiring harness, once I chipped the ECU with the P08 maps it ran a lot better and got better MPG. It's only $20 for the chip kit from xenocron.com.
So are OBD1 wireharnesses interchangable?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
just a quick note.....

mine is getting pretty good gas milage (~38 mpg).

yes i realize there is a difference between the ecus.

also, it passed smog in northern cali on the p28 ecu.

·
Registered
Honda Civic Si-T
180 Posts
my opinion is the P28 ecu is the best, from what i'm heard they are compatible with everything

·
Registered
18 Posts
i dont think they're compatible with everything, but with the right tuning im sure your can use it with most.

ive been using a p28 ecu in my JDM d15b for a long time now with no probs.

im not sure if it would make a difference if you switched to a p08

·
Registered
Civic EG
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUMP:

guys, I got a P28 ECU today. Am gonna replace the P07 ECU, I had on my car which is a JDM D15B Vtec. So should I just plug it in?? Are these Plug & Play devices? :D

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
It will more than likely run and prob run fine. However you should consider chipping it and either using the P08 map if you want it exact or doing a custom tune if you have work done to help you better optimize fuel and performance

·
Registered
Civic EG
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, am gonna get it chipped. But is it ok running the stock P28 for now, till I get it chipped?

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
It'll prob be fine. If its not throwing a check engine light, which i highly doubt it would. I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
Civic EG
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, it works ok, like now, throttle response is stable and feels lyk gear ratios are shorter than earlier lol. Have to analyze fuel usage though.

Anyway stilll there's this idle rev, which now starts at 2k and and stays at 1.5k. Did reset the ECU, but still its the same. Feels lyk the car revs by itself. Want to clean the IACV, but seems lyk it would be a pain in d a$$... :S

However I'll get the ECU remapped\chipped to P08 soon. But I need a OBD1 D15B Vtec wire harness to proceed further, coz this harness has been cut, pasted bla bla, I want my engine bay to look clean. :D

·
Registered
Civic EG
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm. I dint clean the IACV yet though. Did try adjusting the Idle screw, but was not much of an difference with it. I'll get everything done soon. For now only problem I have for now is excessive fuel usage :S :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brian oneill from new zealand. I have a p08-000 eg civic d15b vtec manual ecu for sale. Cell phone number is +64 027 343 5884

1 - 17 of 17 Posts