Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm new to Honda engines. I purchase a JDM D15B Vtec by a local Japan importer and got screwed on th ECU...

I have a P08-N51 not sure of the last digit. The 5 stands for automatiic. But the engine is Manuel.

The fucker says he doesn't have more in stock and it is not a big deal as only a check engine will apear and can be disabled if reprogrammed. I do not mind about check engine as it will be fitted on an a 1979 Austin mini without that indicator...

1- Is it true

2- Is there more difference in the mapping, fuel ratio or other things between a manual or automatic ECU then only the automatic sensor read out ?

3- Will it prevent the Vtec to activate ?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Hi all

I'm new to Honda engines. I purchase a JDM D15B Vtec by a local Japan importer and got screwed on th ECU...

I have a P08-N51 not sure of the last digit. The 5 stands for automatiic. But the engine is Manuel.

The fucker says he doesn't have more in stock and it is not a big deal as only a check engine will apear and can be disabled if reprogrammed. I do not mind about check engine as it will be fitted on an a 1979 Austin mini without that indicator...

1- Is it true

2- Is there more difference in the mapping, fuel ratio or other things between a manual or automatic ECU then only the automatic sensor read out ?

3- Will it prevent the Vtec to activate ?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
It does not support VTEC and just convert it to manual and if you need VTEC have that feature added as well. www.xenocron.com look around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so i need to remove a resistor and modify another one... Seams easy to me.

But the question really is: Will there be a difference between driving a modified Auto ECU converted to manual and a stock manual ecu

Any difference on fuel mapping, etc...

Let me know.

Thanks for all replys so far...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts