Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im new to the honda world;
I picked up a 94 civic with a d16z6 in it and i dont trust the previous owner because he took alot of short cuts. SO what my problem is; My p06 (manual chipped and socketed ecu) is working ok but the car is stupid slow and i picked up a p28 (auto, Didnt know at the time so im gonna convert it) so i had my buddy retune the p28 to a d16 basemap and we plugged it up to my car.. ran like SHIT first way to rich then scary lean.. after fiddling with it we got it to run normal and it was AMAZING..

now the problem is:
The P28-A51
Made my cruise control light stay on constantly.
The car would stuborningly not prime the fuel bump unless i gave the engine a bump (turn the starter on/off real quick)
then i smelled something burning in the ecu.. it ran for 2 days like this before it shit out..I know im a dumbass its ok this is how you learn right?
looks like these capacitors (C19? andthe one to the right of D5) in the pictures burned up.. does anyone know why?

Im thinking i have a none vtec harness as well :(

Attachments

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
If the 06 was converted for vtec, i wouldve just re-tuned it and burned the chip.

if the car doesnt have a vtec harness, then sounds like you have a little work to be done to get the engine up to its full potential.

PM 2Jzdreamin for a custom wire harness

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no idea if 06 is converted, how do it tell? and i know how to wire up the vtec with no vtec harness

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
how do you tell? you research what it takes to convert a P06 and you can back-peddle to find which components were changed or added.

I find back-style research sometimes is a great tool for getting info.

It has helped me in the past when I was tuning my auto del sol for a 15 second "all motor" autotragic that ran consistent mid 15s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.