Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I'm currently getting a p0505 code after I calibrated my TPS cause it was throwing a code for being out of calibration. Now when I'm driving, at a red light my Rpms will sit at 1.5k and I'll start getting fluctuating idle. What could be doing this? The tps? Iacv? Vac?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If I never did the idle learning process, would that throw the p0505 code?

I replaced the IACV and it didn't fix the issue, I even went and tightened down some of the vacuumn hoses and no fix.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked for vac leaks, sprayed the vac lines with starter fluid and there was no change in idle. The car is currently idling at 1200 Rpms

So we got no vac leaks
IACV is good.

Could it be because I set the idle screw before I calibrated the tps?

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
check your fast idle throttle valve, block off the lower port on the throttle body with the intake off while the engine is running and is at operating temperature. if you get a large reduction in rpm's its because the FITV is leaking and needs replaced/blocked.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Could it be because I set the idle screw before I calibrated the tps?
Adjusting the set screw is fine, if you do it right:

Clean out the bore of the throttlebody, oil it and the throttle plate lightly, then back off the throttle set screw until the plate sticks in the bore when closed, then tighten the set screw just enough so that the throttle plate no longer sticking and lock the set screw. Open the throttle and snap it closed a couple times just to make sure it isnt sticking.

The whole goal of this is to get the throttle plate to close as tight as possible without sticking in the bore.

Then adjust the TPS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up finding the problem.

First the timing was behind, and created a low and rough idle, then played around with the air adjustment screw then the idle stop screw. Got it all tweaked in real nice and then it was good to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scratch that, code came back like a bitch and it felt like I was on a roller coaster ride with this spuratic idle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bumping this,

The car has trouble idling in the morning, I have to give it gas to control the idle for a little bit, after that it idles fine. If I drive for a while, the idle would start to idle high at around 1200 and then the code will pop. When the code pops I have erratic idle.

So far I replaced the IACV
Dialed the timing in better
Adjusted the idle screw and air mixture screw

Still no luck.

The car has a skunk2 intake manifold matched with a skunk2 throttle body.

Throttle plate isn't sticking either

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
You have vacuum leaks. Your method of testing, is not even close to good enough. You concluded your car has no vacuum leaks because fuel didnt idle it up. This isnt a maf car. Try again and find ur vacuum leak.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have vacuum leaks. Your method of testing, is not even close to good enough. You concluded your car has no vacuum leaks because fuel didnt idle it up. This isnt a maf car. Try again and find ur vacuum leak.
Tried again, checked the throttle body gasket and its causing a vac leak

1 - 12 of 12 Posts