Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda CRV
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Civic LX bone stock

When it is cold the car runs like crap and falls on its face then picks back up. I get CEL for P0430 and P0431 all pointing to the catalytic converter. But my experience with Honda's I've never had an issue with a cat on a civic with only 130k. I don't mind replacing the cat or o2 sensors. I have read that the cat can become clogged from a misfire engine. Never got a CEL for misfire or low voltage on o2. In the past I have had issues on a different civic misfiring bc of the distributor. Anyone have any related issue? I plan to check to make sure no major damage. After that possibly replace exhaust manifold/cat?

Any advice would help....

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Before replacing the cat I'd check the o2 ans see if they are working and see whale your car is running.. Or if the o2 are lazy then I'd switch them first and then check it again.. Your cat should be good since you've had no problems with your car

·
Banned
443 Posts
Before replacing the cat I'd check the o2 ans see if they are working and see whale your car is running.. Or if the o2 are lazy then I'd switch them first and then check it again.. Your cat should be good since you've had no problems with your car
On that topic, this is a great cheap way to check OBD2 datastreams, codes, etc.

It streams to a freeware Torque app for Android (there's probably a variant for crApple, but those guys only care about blogging and can't change oil correctly), and can be used with most of the PC-based ELM327 scanner softwares.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts