Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,285 Posts
both sides of gasket and a blob at the "corners" both sides.

make sure parts are dry and free of oil residue .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Interesting. I didn't know that. I thought the gasket was only needed in my model. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
These are the results of my live data scan: Is the car ok? I am not familiar with the D17a1 fuel trims/maps. This is during idle. Still no codes popping up.

FUELSYS1 CL
LOAD_PCT (%) 27.1
ETC (°) 104
SHRTFT1 11.7
LONGFT1 -0.8
MAP (inHg) 8.0
SPARKADV 12
TP 9.0
O2B1S2 (v) 0.820
SHRTFTB1S2 8.6
EQ_RAT11 0.999
O2S11 (ma) -0.059

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
759 Posts
Well, it entered closed loop, and ECU seems to have control of fuel trim, +11 with a zeroed long term is fine. The zeroed long term is probably from your battery being weak and it dying/having to jump it. Lambda EQ ratio is reporting near 1, so its correcting for lambda. From that data, there is no ECU related fuel control problems.

Does it still misfire?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After erasing the codes and starting it up a few times, no codes have returned yet. I honestly can't tell if it's misfiring because with the new header and catless exhaust, it's louder, in which now has a rumble effect. The idle seems fine but, I did not allow it to fully warm up because all of a sudden, I now have an oil leak at the pan and as I let the car run, the oil is seeping out. Since the car is on ramps, the seepage is a bit greater.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I can see the leaks are coming from the half moons. Started it up and still no codes. Seems to be running ok. When I pulled off the EGR to block the channel, I didn't realize the EGR already had a gasket. At first, I thought the PO installed the EGR without a gasket but, I now realized the original gasket was pressed on the bottom. SO, I actually had two gaskets on the EGR. I scraped off the original and installed the new one.I highly doubt the double gasket would cause the codes. I'm waiting for DMV to open so I can throw on the plates and finish this once and for all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
As I was putting on the oil pan, I noticed a rubber gasket stuck on the section where the crank pulley, block and oil pan meet. It seemed as if it was shoved in that section. I had to yank out a chunk of it. It didn't look like gasket maker. It looks like a black gasket. Not hard. It was pliable. I'm worried it came from behind the timing belt.I know there's a gasket in there but, the gasket I yanked wasn't circular. It was like a soft black gasket. Any ideas what that might be? There's still a piece stuck in there. Might that be a seal between lower timing cover to the block to protect the timing belt from being exposed?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts