Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
92 civic dx
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions on o2 sensors.

1. How does the obd1 honda control its fueling? oem, non chipped ecu (p06 i wanna say, don't quote me.) Is it reading the oxygen, then add/subtract from all cylinders equally? or does it cut two at a time?

2. Theres a header coming in with a bung on the #4 runner. If I place the ecu sensor there, will the other three, or the pair not associated with #4 run poorly, i.e. because its reading average one cylinder, instead of average 4 will it over/underfuel anything?

3. If it needs to be on the collector somewhere, (since heating is not an issue) does it matter how long the wires are? Will I run into any issues extending the wires for the sensor? Will the resistance increase be significant enough that it will read lean, so it will always run rich?

I want to keep the oem fueling intact as much as possible. As long as I can keep my 32city/47hwy I'm golden, honestly. If it bumps up a bit after the rebuild I'll be even more joyous.

INFO: Yes, I am keeping a cat. I am adding a flex pipe to the mix, so I can tie the system higher up against the body, and add heat shields to offset the heat problems. There will be a "muffler" on the car. I'm NOT looking to rice this thing out.......seriously. I just rebuilt the engine, and re sealed the trans. Just completed rear disc swap (theres an easier way) and replaced all rear bushings w/ OEM Honda parts. All engine and trans parts the same, OEM Honda. The exhaust is going to be 2" all the way, minus the resonator (experiment)

Any other info needed, just ask.

· Registered
92 civic dx
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update for the question, if anyone wants to know. Engine in, runs. Runs real good. Only problem I've noticed is a "my fault" kind of thing. In my hurry to get the thing going, since it is colder out and my only transport for the past year has been a bike, I kind of lazed off on a thing. Intake runners 2-3-4 are gasket matched, same with head. Runner 1 intake side is OEM size and shape. Head is complete, just never got time to replace my tool and finish the intake.

So in the morning, when the engine is still cold, cyl 1 runs very very rich (compared to the other 3) You can actually hear the one cylinder going put-put-put. Once it warms up, its fine, its hot enough to burn the fuel off. But cold starts are funny, sounds like a misfire almost (minus the loss of power and mileage)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.