Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured if u got a larger valve wouldnt u want to make the port larger to accomodate the larger valve, plus it would flow more. This is just foggy cuz i here of people wanting larger valves but not including any head modifications.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
HondaTuner said:
I figured if u got a larger valve wouldnt u want to make the port larger to accomodate the larger valve, plus it would flow more. This is just foggy cuz i here of people wanting larger valves but not including any head modifications.
Well yes, these mods do walk hand in hand, since the stock valve sizes are determined by the OE to be proportionate and most efficient for the cfm potential of the rest of the stock induction system, ports included...

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
I don't know what is your setup, but larger valve aren't needed soon in a build-up.
with big cam and good porting, 16 stock valves can flow enough to feed 1.6l ... And if you want to go with larger valves, you can't weld combustion chamber as much as stock, you must machine seats, unshroud valves too. Maybe it's little bit expansive, it's not worth for the gain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts