Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed black bearings from the honda color code chart to get .0015in on my rod bearings but there discontinued. what are my options now? std size is just to loose and .010 aftermarket is just to big.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Non-OEM? Clevite? ACL OS? King OS?
there oversized bearings are for cranks thats been regrounded. I have 2 stock cranks and they both measure 1.771. it will be to big for what i need. another hurdle to jump over.. this is becoming such a headache.. anybody else ran into this problem?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do ya know there discountiued? Where did ya look?
I went to my local stealership! and thats what it says in there computer. I'm trying to solve a low oil pressure problem on my d16z6.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for taking the time out to search, i was happy as hell when i seen those sites. but when i called them they too told me there discontinued!

Here is my dilemma, std size clevites and acl rod bearings measure 1.49mm i need to do something to it to increase the size to 1.50-1.51mm to get a .038mm clearance on my rod bearings (.0015in). either that or i dont know. i checked over every single possible things (oil pump clearance, main bearing clearance, clogged oil galleys, etc) to try to figure out why my engine gets low oil pressure and the only thing that wasnt in spec was the rod bearings. but its such a small difference that i highly doubt thats the problem, but at this point i just want everything in spec and see if i still have low oil pressure. Even if i dont figure out this problem, in the process ive learned ALOT. suggestions?

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
dude you have the longest fucken sig in all of the fucken interwebz....im sure your violating some sig rule on this forum repeatedly..

edit-
moderators on this forum ftw...look at his new sig..

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
if you dont think the bearings are that big of a deal why not just shim the oil pump?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
take my name out of your sig. thats the one mistake i ever made. how many fucking times do i have to ask you?
I would of taken it out along time ago. But you keept neg reping me. leaving insultive remarks. thats why i created that sig. people can see what an asshole you really are. I really dont know what you have against me and why you chose to pick on me. but i obviously dont care about that reputation thing this sight provides. I only care about the tech, knowledge ive learned, people teaching and reading about other peoples projects. anyways thanks for ruining my thread. a simple pm would of removed that sig along time ago. stupid ass..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you dont think the bearings are that big of a deal why not just shim the oil pump?
ive tried that already, as well as 20w-30 oil. i'll get over 100psi of oil pressure at cold start up but after awhile the pressure would be around 35-40 psi @3k rpms. lots of metal shavings in the oil pan after that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts