Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
driving my car home and it starts to over heat my overflow tank ended up being empty. but i think it could be the thermostadt since the top radiator hose was hot and the bottom was colder the closer u grabbed it towards the radiator. what do you guys think? it almost got to the red but i turned it off right b4 that.

if there is a kink in my my oil drain line could that cause it to over heat? jw bcuz my does havee a bend in it

by the way its freezing balls here

Clay

·
Registered
854 Posts
well, it could be a lot of things

sounds like you are boosted, so do you have a good tune?

on my commutes to work in the AM in the winter, the coolant never even starts flowing through the radiator. the engine never gets hot enough, and the heater core cools the coolant enough. so, it's perfectly normal for the bottom radiator hose to not get hot.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tune is alright but it just started today. but my radiator must still have been cold becuz thre was still ice on it

·
Registered
217 Posts
wait.. ice?

Thats probably not a good thing...

Kinda hard to flow air through iced up radiator fins.. That in itself could possibly cause overheating... Where did the ice come from? Was it snowing, or raining? Or did water come out of your radiator and freeze? (Hopefully you are not running straight water.)

Check your coolant level, and bleed the system...

·
Registered
93 Posts
it could be that your headgasket is goin, i posted up the same type of issue but it wasnt boosted then, bottom hose was ice cold and upper was normal, i changed my head gasket and fixed the problem, but i could be wrong, could be a clog some where, try flushing out your radiator

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
what kind of boost levels are you running. you could be having head lift if you dont have arp headstuds.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
if the mixture ratio of antifreeze to water in the radiator isnt high enough and its cold enough outside, that shit is frozen... frozen radiator = no flow = hellaz overheating

·
Registered
NA1 / EvoX
151 Posts
if the mixture ratio of antifreeze to water in the radiator isnt high enough and its cold enough outside, that shit is frozen... frozen radiator = no flow = hellaz overheating
= New Rad . . . :noway:

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
= new engine if the freezing water expands too much

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there was a snow storm

·