Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my girlfriend just had a mini-me swap done on her car (it is a 93 ex couple with a d15b7 swap in it). The reason we had done this to the car besides better performance was that the head gasket had blown on the motor. So we had a mechanic do the swap, along with adding new parts just as a new water pump, timing belt, and other things that it needed. Well when we got the car back, it ran beautifully. However we noticed that the faster you go, the more the temperature increases. Also once the temp goes up, it jumps around really fast but if you continue to go fast it eventually will overheat. If she drives like under 45mph, it doesnt over heat. The thermostat is brand new and works, as do the electric fans (not that it would help the car much at 70+mph. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? and help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Temp sender

Under your distributor there is a sensor that has a single pin. It has a one wire plug coming from it. This is your dash temp sender. After a swap, this plug can become damaged.

Check to see if yours is intact. If you still have the old B7 head laying round, take the old sender out of it, and swap it with the one on your vtec head. Could be just a fouled sender.

Ive had ths problem before, and it was as easy as that.:jesus:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
clogged radiator........

WARNING, once the OEM temp gauge goes ebyond level, turn the heat on FULL BLAST!!!!!!!

My new to me 4 door likely has a bad coolant fan switch. I McGyver it with a paper clip and fan works. Fan worked normally when I bought the car. Friday in traffic, it didn't work, needle got to about 3/4 which is BAD!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts