Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just installed my rebuilt setup.. consists of z6 block,y8 head,a6 pistons on stock rods... after driving it for the first time it started to get really really hot so i pulled over and checked it out... ive narrowed the problem down to the fact that coolant is not flowing as it should... i replaced the thermostat and its still getting way too hot. next was the water pump and its still getting hot.. the top radiator hose is building pressure but the bottom is bone dry and and there is no heat blowing through the vents... im stumped guys help me out!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tested the headgasket with some sweet tool ( sorry if forgot the name of it) that you hold up to were the radiator cap goes and it tests for any exhaust in the coolant.. it passed... compression was good as well. any thing else?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
i tested the headgasket with some sweet tool ( sorry if forgot the name of it) that you hold up to were the radiator cap goes and it tests for any exhaust in the coolant.. it passed... compression was good as well. any thing else?
Does your radiator tank get hot in some areas and not in others? (clogged radiator, say goodbye to headgasket within minutes lol)

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
this is a longshot...if it's not flowing at all...did you by any chance buy any of that gasket material where you cut it to size, and forget to cut out the coolant passage thru the middle.

It happens (not to me), oh, it happens.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i didnt forget to cut out any gasket material... im guessing theres a clog somewhere along the system thats really the only thing it could be.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know the radiator isnt clogged because i ran water through it and it flowed out just fine.... today i ran it and it stayed fine for a while but then after driving for about 3 miles it started getting hot again... it seems air is getting into the system.. its not through the headgasket because i checked comp already and it checked fine... where else could air be getting into the system?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
could the hoses be backward on the fp or thermostat i vote oil pressure problem do you have enough oil?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
yes theres enough oil... sorry but whats FP stand for?
i meant water pump im kinda tired been in class all day
dont ask i dont know how i got that out of that

1 - 20 of 32 Posts