Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on i was driving and the car over heated. the only leak i found was in the resevior bottle. could that be the cause of the over heating?

·
Registered
835 Posts
need more info... stock car? forced induction? where were you driving? how fast? did u check how much fluid was in the radiator?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9 psi.. 80mph... i waited till it cooled down and opend the radiator cap.

·
Registered
835 Posts
9 psi.. 80mph... i waited till it cooled down and opend the radiator cap.
top it off and see if it happens again... if its not below freezing outsied just put some water in it... tell me the outcome

·
Registered
835 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but headlift would cause a lot more than just overheating... i wouldnt diagnose it as headlift until everything else can be proven wrong...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont think it was head lift i got arp bolts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the crack was about an inch. when i poped the hood it was spewing coolant threw there

·
Registered
835 Posts
well then, patch it up with some epoxy, fill it up and see if it happens again... thats all i can say.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
Did you fill the system at the rad cap? When your car warms up, do you have heat?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I just replaced my resevoir for 7 bucks at advanced auto. Boo ya! looks better too.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i have the same problem and some people told me it was headlift and some said headgasket. i now know for a fact its my headgasket because we have an emissions tester in my auto class so i stuck the sniffer in my radiator, just after it filled the reservoir, and found about 85 hydro carbons. which means that under boost my bad headgasket/warped head pressurizes my coolant system and puts it in the coolant reservior.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I had a head lift too... But I checked all the basic things before.

and to be sure for a headlift, go to a radiator center and have the coolant tube test.

It's a tube they stick on the radiator cap hole... and they mesure the coolant pressure, also if micro bubbles show up (like soda, but smaller) you have the head leak!

So start with checking lines, rad and reservoirs for cracks. you may want to change your thermostat and thermoswitch (average $40 for both)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanx guys........ when i filled it i filled it at the radiator and filled it back up on the resevior. then drove home i havent driven it since

1 - 19 of 19 Posts