Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Si on a a water pump an timing belt that has seen about 8k miles. Now that its cold out (or rather staying cold out) in the mornings once the car is warmed up and I rev up under a hard accel, my temp will drop almost all the way back down to nothing. I know theres no air in the system as I have bled using the bleeder screw and I have also kept the cap open and let it run for two fan cycles an seeing no air bubbles.

I have tried replacing the thermo stat only to see the issue continue. I'm grasping for strawls and am completly clueless as to where to look next or where else to look for issues.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i was going to say try checking your thermo but if you have already then im not sure. are you running a mixture of coolant and water?

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that to and checked the mixture, sitting right where it needs to be. It was doing this before I changed the pump and belt and thermo. Belt was at its mileage due, pump was leaking so I replaced it all in one go thinking it would take care of the issue at hand, aparently not though.

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
did you have your heater on , full blast when you bled your rad ?????

also if your driving with your heater on high , this might be why your over cooling !!!
hope this helps

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, had the heater on full blast when bleed radiator.

However I didn't think about having the heater on high (3rd setting on the fan) would cause it to over cool. I'll keep that in mind

1 - 7 of 7 Posts