Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

So here is my situation. Currently I have a EJ1 with a A6 block, stock sleeves, eagle rods, vitara pistons, stock head, 63 trim turbonetics turbo tuned at 15-16 lbs. Well I am just kind of bored and trying to set up a winter project for whenever work slows down a bit. I have bought/traded for a full fj z6 turbo kit, a brand new oem rebuilt head blueprinted and still in the box, and a z6 block laying around waiting on some rejuvination.

the problem I am running into is if I use these parts I have accumulated and build a new block with that new oem head, I am basically exactly where I am now just with new parts. So I am considering just taking on a huge improbable project and selling all of the parts I have and the current block I actually run in my car and using the money to go bigger and better.

My dream here is to use the money I would get from selling everything to get some new eagles and wiescos, sleeve the block I have lying around (would like to wet sleeve" ) use my stock head and put in a bisi 3.6, supertech valve train, new cam gear, fuel rail, fuel lines, ect... basically build something as bulletproof as I can. Then I want to take on the task of possibly fabbing up and designing a sequential turbo set up.

Before I get too much crap from people on wanting to do this it is mostly a challenge to myself to design a system that would actually be effective in gaining power and reducing turbo lag. I am a project manager/engineer for an industial construction and custom fabrication company with access to machinery most don't have giving me a little advantage. I have a cnc laser I can use to make flanges and custom mounts that will be within a .003 tolerance.

Now I am really just wanting to hear opinions on if people think I should attempt this or just go with my regular rebuild I already have.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
build your head, boost the bajeevus out of it until the sleeves let go. when they do build the bottom end. lots of people make 5-600whp on stock sleeveds with the fj/vitaras. unless your shooting for records you dont need to sleeve imo.

get a few spare blocks and buy a set of $120 vitaras and your back in action.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
My dream here is to use the money I would get from selling everything to get some new eagles and wiescos, sleeve the block I have lying around (would like to wet sleeve" ) use my stock head and put in a bisi 3.6, supertech valve train, new cam gear, fuel rail, fuel lines, ect... basically build something as bulletproof as I can. Then I want to take on the task of possibly fabbing up and designing a sequential turbo set up.

Before I get too much crap from people on wanting to do this it is mostly a challenge to myself to design a system that would actually be effective in gaining power and reducing turbo lag. I am a project manager/engineer for an industial construction and custom fabrication company with access to machinery most don't have giving me a little advantage. I have a cnc laser I can use to make flanges and custom mounts that will be within a .003 tolerance.

Now I am really just wanting to hear opinions on if people think I should attempt this or just go with my regular rebuild I already have.

Thanks guys.
Bisi and supertech...... NO

·
Registered
473 Posts
Honestly do what you feel like doing simple is that like me I went crazy on a couple
Builds and don't like half the parts I got so I sold them got what I wanted now I'm we're I want to be no doubts in my head might have taken a Lil longer but it was fun getting their and at the end of the day it's like yes made it and I did it all just like I wanted to. And if I had access I would be playing and building a lot of custom parts. My neighbor is a machinist and he works on Harley's hydro life sheet metal cuter drill press pretty much a machine shop in his garage this guy makes every thing for bikes and it comes out nice hes had 3 bikes in easy rider center fold I say shoot for what you want and hard work pays off.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Bisi and supertech...... NO
As much as I dislike Bisi, his cams make power, and the 3.6 is no exception... the only other direction I would go is to a Colt Tri-flow... If I were doing a huge SOHC build those would be my first two choices.

What's wrong with supertech?

OP, I decided to go both directions. I did a 300whp FJ/vitara build, had lots of fun with it, and I'm gonna enjoy driving that for now... and now I've been picking up USED baller parts here & there for my next build which will be something much, much bigger. That's the key.... get em secondhand and you'll save a boatload of money... take the build slowly so you can give yourself time to find the parts you need at the price you want.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Bisi cams are junk. They would make power if the lobes didn't wear off from him using shit cores. I wouldn't give that man a penny towards his garbage products. If you want the 3.6 profile go directly through web not bisi.

I've never heard anything bad about supertech so I'm curious as to why he wouldn't want to run them..

·
Registered
26 Posts
from the sounds of it im guessing you make pretty decent cash in your line of work, so if it were me id do the most outrageous build i could come up with, specially with the tools you have at your disposal, try to do something nobody has ever seen before

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, thanks for all of the comments. Sorry I havent had time to respond. I have been working non stop these last few weeks. However it sounds like most of you guys think I should go big and build something rediculous. I think that would be the most fun. It will probably be a very slow build if I do that but in the end I think it would be worth it. But I guess my question is, what cams/ valve train would you guys go with since bisi and supertech are getting hated on. Super tech I haven't heard anything bad about. I even thought about going with there sister company KMS just because it is slightly cheaper. And Bisi's cam's make the most power from everything I have read. I haven't had any real first hand experience except helping a friend install on about a week before he totalled his car. lol. what would you guys think would hold up to a sequential turbo setup and be benificial?

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
<---- Only uses KMS valve train stuff when he can.

Bisi's turbo cams can make a lot of power, but I won't buy new VTEC cams from anywhere, as they all have issues. Regrinds on an OEM cam will likely be more reliable, even if they can't be as large or aggressive in some respects.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts