Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone have any input on the outlaw head for the d16y8? Trying to decide if I wanna pull a 1500 trigger for one.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,955 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
Z6 head flows better from the start, so why the Y8????

Spend $2500 on the head....with core charge, springs, valves, etc....

Will you spend the other $10,000 on the motor to support the head?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's why asking for info cause not sure what to do so taking all advice I can get. Would it be better to put a z6 head on my y8 block?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
$1500 might get you mid 11's with a piece together turbo kit....or a cylinder head that is only worth low 14's on a decent NA build with an average bottom end. Assuming the rest of the car has needed suspension mods and such for that power level.

Stock Z6 with IHE, slicks, and my aero mods, with 85 shot of ZEX went low 13's in 2001 or so, it's been a long time. Then cheap turbo builds came around and that changed everything.

225-250 whp streetable turbo build is plenty to keep most happy. beyond about 300 whp and things start to get more $$$ as the curve steepens.

Figure out your total end goals first, then lets work on something.

Simple E85 Turbo build can get "stupid" fast with ease...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone else also mentioned nitrous for my car also. Right now I have intake header and full exhaust. Transzex what part of Ohio u in? I'm in Mansfield. Nx has a proton series kit for bout 400. Been keeping my eye on that.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Dont spray a stock D16 block. Goes caboom if you havent opened up the ring gap.

a built cylinder head is only viable when you are pushing the limits of the stock head flow and require as much pumping efficiency as possible, like a SERIOUS all motor build, or some 700whp turbo build.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
Dont spray a stock D16 block. Goes caboom if you havent opened up the ring gap.

a built cylinder head is only viable when you are pushing the limits of the stock head flow and require as much pumping efficiency as possible, like a SERIOUS all motor build, or some 700whp turbo build.
85 hp dry ZEX shot says you'd be wrong :)

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
85 hp dry ZEX shot says you'd be wrong :)
Did you have a bottle heater?

local track has seen many people poop a d16 with a 50 shot.

That is assuming they were not raging rednecks with a passion for killing jap cars lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to mention the kits I been looking at seem to have a fail safe to keep the motor from running to lean or rich while spraying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts