Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install Ostrich 1.0 on a windows 10 laptop and I keep getting the error

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

How can I fix this?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
find the device manager, find the ostrich, right click, head to properties, and look at the results there. does it say any information, such as hardware ID in drop down, or device name, etc..?

if not, it is not installed correctly or being "seen" correctly

an option is to do a virtual install of windows xp or windows 7, and go that route for connectivity.

I personally am staying away from windows 10 until they have it VERY stable across the board

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
find the device manager, find the ostrich, right click, head to properties, and look at the results there. does it say any information, such as hardware ID in drop down, or device name, etc..?

if not, it is not installed correctly or being "seen" correctly

an option is to do a virtual install of windows xp or windows 7, and go that route for connectivity.

I personally am staying away from windows 10 until they have it VERY stable across the board
It displays as USB Serial Converter

Hardware Id's - USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

I'm lost I tried almost all of the drivers from Moates and nothing is working.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
if the hardware id shows that, it cannot properly see the device.

it is a possibility the ostrich is not in 100% working order.

I am NOT SAYING ITS SHIT. but you should power up the ostrich and check voltages and such. Is the ostrich modified at all? that battery pack does not look normal

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if the hardware id shows that, it cannot properly see the device.

it is a possibility the ostrich is not in 100% working order.

I am NOT SAYING ITS SHIT. but you should power up the ostrich and check voltages and such. Is the ostrich modified at all? that battery pack does not look normal
I don't know anything about it as I bought it second hand. I thought the battery was supposed to be a disk style battery not triple A's

How would I go about powering it and checking the voltages.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Just open the case and check the battery voltage. Should be over 2v if it's the same battery as the 2.0

Email moates support and ask. Those guys are great, some of the best customer service I've ever experienced

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
^^ yes, Ive read plenty of happy customer service stories on this forum from moates guys.

I have minimal personal experience using an ostrich, and never for my own car.

But that is what I was referring to. checking the battery voltage, and checking to see if it is making its way to the main components.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I'll check the voltages. I did email moates too. Someone suggested that the USB controller went bad. Which is only like $5 for a new one but looks impossible to solder due to it being so small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts