Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I and a member from clubcivic are having a honda meet everyone in the Oregon, Washington, North Cal are invited. We are planning on meeting in Salem, OR on Sept 23rd on the roof top of the marion parkade in downtown salem. Bring camera, snacks, anything you can think of we will proly chill for a bit and maybe roll out to a park and just have some fun might even do a bbq not sure. so bring you honda and your friends and lets plan on havin some good ole fun out there in salem. Hope to see you there

List of who is coming
-Me
-about 10 or 12 ppl from clubcivic
-4 guys from woodburn
-2 from keizer
-1 from south salem
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Oregon/Washington Meet September 23rd 4pm on the roof of the Marion Parkade
555 Liberty St Se, Salem Oregon​

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
heres my beef, not that i think the meet is bad or that i have anything against the people putting it on...

the people organizing this want it to be an "Oregon/Washington meet" in Salem, yet the people putting it on are FROM Salem. you want a meet, but everyone has to drive to YOU so that they can participate? why not choose a more central location so that everyone's driving times are a little more equal, so some people arent left with HUGE drives where as others just have to make a quick jont downtown?

there are plenty of parks along the Columbia River that would make the trip shorter for 90% of the people thinking of going.

again, nothing agaist those that are organizing. just that the location should have been thought about a little more if they/you want everyone to come

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ryan89crx said:
heres my beef, not that i think the meet is bad or that i have anything against the people putting it on...

the people organizing this want it to be an "Oregon/Washington meet" in Salem, yet the people putting it on are FROM Salem. you want a meet, but everyone has to drive to YOU so that they can participate? why not choose a more central location so that everyone's driving times are a little more equal, so some people arent left with HUGE drives where as others just have to make a quick jont downtown?

there are plenty of parks along the Columbia River that would make the trip shorter for 90% of the people thinking of going.

again, nothing agaist those that are organizing. just that the location should have been thought about a little more if they/you want everyone to come
Oh I know I am not putting on the meet the guy is from salem that wants to meet I am from portland and i would of been a hell of a lot better to have it near the border of oregon washington because it would be easer for washingtonians to make it and it equals out the drive times for a few hense a far more larger turn out IMO

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
Oh I know I am not putting on the meet the guy is from salem that wants to meet I am from portland and i would of been a hell of a lot better to have it near the border of oregon washington because it would be easer for washingtonians to make it and it equals out the drive times for a few hense a far more larger turn out IMO
:TU:

at least im not the only one that realizes that

·
class of 01
91 S13
197 Posts
lol portland and salem meets always blow... then you wonder why the seattle area meets always end up larger and somewhat "better"

either way, i might think of riving down there for hardparking status. need to show of some new goods for the ride ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
krychek57 said:
I'll have to catch it next year when the car is finished.
I am planning on maybe putting my own together that we could do in like vancouver or somewere in the washington area for all you washinton peeps out there so we will see what happens

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
I am planning on maybe putting my own together that we could do in like vancouver or somewere in the washington area for all you washinton peeps out there so we will see what happens
that would be cool. LMK before the final decision is made so i can make some input :TU:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so if anyone that has a long trip and dont wanna do it all in one day they are welcome to come and stay at my pad i'm in portland and i am sure my wife wont mind. then we can roll down there that next day the meet is going to be at 2 i believe or if earlyer works for you guys i can talk him into say noonish i will get a definate time shortly he wanted to do it at like 4pm but i was like that is kinda late don't you think especially with the peeps from washingtons that have a long drive ahead of them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts