Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of pictures from the Oregon Trail Rally a couple of weekends ago.

Sky Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Car Vehicle Tire Window

We flew 60ft on this pass.

Tire Land vehicle Cloud Car Vehicle

The weather was great and the roads were super fun.

We successfully defended our P1 in L2WD for the Western Region championship. We got 5th in class for the event, missing 4th by about a minute, less time than it took us to change a flat (about 4:30 for the tire change). We're usually closer to 3 minutes for a tire change, but are out of practice.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
807 Posts
VERY respectful tire change time, and running a smaller displacement 1.5l only increases your final score for myself. How did the mechman alt hold up? Were there changes in drive or did you just send it?
On a side note... it looks like you push that thing harder than my 10 yr old does my 93 off pavement, I may need to upgrade my coilovers, what are you currently running?

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VERY respectful tire change time, and running a smaller displacement 1.5l only increases your final score for myself. How did the mechman alt hold up? Were there changes in drive or did you just send it?
On a side note... it looks like you push that thing harder than my 10 yr old does my 93 off pavement, I may need to upgrade my coilovers, what are you currently running?
The mechman did great. We run lots of lights for night stages and there was no voltage sag at all, even at idle. The mechman people said that spinning their unit at race speeds for an extended period wouldn't be an issue, so we just sent it. How long we can do this is still an open question.

We thrash it as hard as my bravery will allow. We run ProFlex suspension. They're out of the Netherlands and are the best stuff we can get for the old crap can race car. They are 3-way adjustable and have remote reservoirs. We run either Swift or H&R springs (different rates) depending on conditions. Rally is really hard on suspension, so that's were a bunch of our money went. New, these units are about $5k USD without springs. We got our set with a wrecked rally car we bought for parts. It was about $2200 to have them rebuilt. They were a huge improvement over the much modified K-Sports we were running. We took the jump at the same speed as the last time we did this event. Then, we were running the K-Sports and the landing was pretty harsh. This year, the landing was almost unnoticeable, kind of like a speedbump. If we weren't concentrating on finishing and defending our P1, we would have sent it harder the next 2 times. We hit it all 3 times around 75mph. I bet we could do ok with an approach speed of 85-90. That would get us out to 80-85 feet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts