Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just have a question about ordering OEM main bearings for a D16Z6 motor. I am looking at the following page

http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year=1995&Doors=2&TrimLevel=2DR+EX&Emissions=KA&TransLevel=5MTKA&PartCatalogId=13SR80&Section=A&Category=E++16++|PISTON-CRANKSHAFT

It appears that if you purchase one(1) black bearing half it is $4.52 for a grand total of $45.20 for all ten(10) of them. Or you can order a black set of two(2) halves for $16.98 for a total of $84.90 for five(5) sets

My question is, am I reading this correctly? If so, who in their right mind would do it this way? It would make a litttle more sense if you would get five(5) bearing halves for $16.98 since you may get a quantity discount, but the schematic doesn't seem to allude to this. Because if that were the case then a complete set would be $33.96.

Can anybody clear this up, I think that this would be useful information to anyone building their own engine.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
your link is not working...........

Also make sure to note the bearing makers name in the listing, one (the cheaper) is junk.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. The link is now functional

2. The price is the same for all 3 manufacturers (Daido, Taiho and Glacier Vandervell) of these bearings

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
runaway from GV's all Honda is restocking with.

Wow, for D16 they are listing all three generations in your link...........

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, it sounds like we should stay away from the Glacier bearings, which may or may not have been mentioned in a previous thread. I guess I will have to call San Leandro Honda and ask the parts department about this before I order, even though I know they don't like that if you are using the internet to order 8)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Be sure to compare prices at hondapartsdeals.com... they're usually less than SL or Majestic.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hondapartsdeals.com is actually more expensive for main bearings. I forgot to check Majestic earlier, but they are actually a little cheaper here. Also, I believe my initial question has been answered as far as pricing based on the Majestic site. You can pay $4.18/ea. for ten(10) single bearing halves or $15.73/ea for five(5) pairs.

So pay $41.80 or $78.65, hmmmmm

So now which brand do we choose Daido or Taiho? Or are they comparable?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts