• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay so i had my car tuned a few months ago. im rather unhappy with it but the car runs decent.

my plan has been to do suspension work now. im plaing on going with koni oranges and ground control coilovers all around. also be using hard race camber adjustmens.

but as of recent ive been wanting to fix my issues with my tune. mostly idle issues and i simply think if i put my mind to it i could do a better tune then the tuner did. also would just really like to learn how to tune.

i already have crome free and moates burn2. but if im really going to tune i suppose ill get an ostrich and hulog. i figure id get crome pro too? unless someone talks me out of doing so.

but my real problem is i cant afford to do both of these at one time ill deed to pick a goal and get there. so my question for you is should i get my suspension done then learn to tune or should i tune then do the suspension?

thanks guys.

edit:i just realised i put this in general tech. prolly should get moved to party&BS or something?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Safety first...If your oem suspension or whatever you're using is ok then leave it for now and get your tune done... with Virtual Dyno, logs and a wideband it's not too hard to do.

So question is....your car safe?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Crome pro is amazing. The datalogging it offers IMO is second to none. I get 25-26 samples per second with crome pros logging, and thats logging everything, no parameters shut off. Crome pro also does cell tracing which I find invaluable as far as tuning is concerned. To compare it, free log offes an astounding 3-5 samples per second depending on IF you have the BS parameters cut out. for $125, you cannot beat it. As far as suspension is concerned, id save up a few extra pennies and jump for koni yellow sports, much nicer, and adjustable.

Just my .02

EDIT: Alot of guys hate on crome, for what ever reason, but I personally have had ZERO issues and have been running it for more than 4 years.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
If it's not running properly, obviously that would be where you would want to start.

Yo, just got fresh suspension! Come over and check it out!

Why don't you bring it over here?

Oh, my shit don't run...

Lol, you don't want to be that guy. I'd never upgrade a car that wasn't running 100%, I'd be fixing it...so I guess my vote is for "tune" or whatever steps need to be taken to make your car run properly and reliably.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ther suspension is stock. but its got blox lcas(were on it when i bought it) and the bushings are gone. but ive been drinving on them like that since i got the car few years ago lol.

and as for the tune. its reliable as in starts every time. afrs are decent. my idle is SHIT. like really high and crappy. but still runs well.

and for the tune any more people have opinions on software?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts