Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting started on my z6 build, trying to get it to the machine shop this coming week so I thought I'd get to notching the block.

I've got 75.5mm vitaras to go in, and FJ I beams :)

So after seeing other peoples builds and blocks and reading theoldone DIY, here it is.

Let me know how it looks, if I need to improve or change anything...I don't know if they are deep enough, but theyre close!

I'm using a carbide bit and 60grit sanding discs on the dremel, and actually the sanding bits are working very well!

·
El Noob
2,794 Posts
What bits are you using. Im actually gonna order some right now.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
looks good... i wouldnt take anymore off until you rotate the crank with the rods/pistons on.. i would just smooth down the top and bottom edges so they are a little more smooth

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, so the 'edge' in the cylinder? smooth that down more?

The bits are both dremel brand, the one is a tungsten carbide bit, i think the number is 9001

and the others are just little hollow sanding tubes, that slide onto the dremel piece. The carbide works good, but its slow going, the sanding bit did the best and its more uniform

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I was a little nervous at first but its easy stuff, I dont think I need to notch the girdle. I thought that was more with eagle H beams and not these I beams. If I do, that wont be as crucial as far as doing it before the block is all cleaned. I didnt wanna have the block work done then throw little slivers of cylinder all over it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts